Fallout 3 locations project
The door to the house can be opened with the Ridgefield gate key carried by Arkansas, the sniper located in the destroyed building in Minefield. If you've enslaved him or don't have the key for other reasons, you can pick the Average Lock (level 50 Lockpick required).
Like most houses in the game, the Zane house has a main room, a living space, a bathroom, and a kitchen downstairs. Upstairs, there's a children's room, a master bedroom, and another bathroom. The pre-War book can be found when you first enter the house, on the top of the bookcase by the stairs. Pugilism Illustrated is in the child's room on top of the bed in the teddy bear's lap. There is also a first aid box in the kitchen beside the doorway.
In the lounge:
- Pre-War book
- There is an Easy locked safe in the back room.
In the second floor hallway:
- Two oversized green plates on a shelf.
In the second bedroom:
- Pugilism Illustrated
- Teddy bear: this one is visibly larger than the other bears in the game. It will stay that way after taking it and putting it back once, but if you pick it up and drop it again it will become normal size.
- This house is notable for containing one of the few child skeletons in the game; a smaller than usual one lying on a bed.
- This house contains 2 oversized green plates, located on small wooden shelves on both floors.
- This house also contains 1 oversized skeleton in the bedroom.
Zane house only appears in Fallout 3.