Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab
The facility is in the east of Big MT, directly south of the Securitron de-construction plant. After entering the building, there is a lobby area with several desks and filing cabinets. A few piles of mutilated gore are on the floor. On the left side, there is a deluxe chemistry set on a table, which can be used to make chems or stimpaks. Several proton throwing axes can be found in this area. There is a stairwell leading down.
There are several cazadores in the lower area, with a few hiding behind doors in containment cells. A skeleton with a laser rifle and several microfusion cells resides within one of the containment cells. The medical lab behind the large main door contains a unique cazador, Specimen 73.
- If you hop on the big pipe near the rear of the entrance and follow it to the end towards the Securitron de-construction plant, there will be a Marksman carbine, a crate and a greasy toolbox with some decent loot (i.e. chems, caps, ammunition, etc.)
- Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator on Specimen 73.
- Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant M-5 on the surgical table in the room with Specimen 73.
- Scientist glove on the back table in the room with Specimen 73.
- Laser rifle can be found in the tunnel in the final closed door on the south wall, next to a skeleton, mutilated corpses, and microfusion cells on the floor and in an ammunition box next to the door.
- Three proton throwing axes can be found in the open lockers to your right when you first enter the facility, as well as a fourth on the table to the left with the Deluxe Chemistry Set.
- Conversing with Dr. Borous reveals that he was responsible for creating the cazadores, possibly in this lab. However, this information is skewed due to the Think Tank's chromometers being scrambled.
Behind the scenes
Similar to the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab, the name Pepsinae refers to pepsinae, the subfamily taxonomic designation for wasps. As cazadores are mutated tarantula hawk wasps (Pepsis formosa), it is implied that this lab was responsible for research on the cazador, and possibly the creation of the species.
- Sometimes the cazadors can glitch out of the interior but will still be hostile to you. They will reappear after about 10 seconds.