Y-17 medical facility
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Y-17 medical facility
This facility was the foreground for the development of the Y-17 trauma override harness, a revolutionary new technology for the war effort, allowing a variety of actions to be undertaken by the suit itself after being "trained" using neuro-auto-muscular movements. Despite problematic functions, it was one of the tests those imprisoned at Little Yangtze would have to endure. It also served as a development ground for Big MT-specialized variations on the Auto-Doc line, (specifically the Mark IXs), implants, and the Innovative Toxins research. Once staffed by doctors, and partially by Mister Orderlys, this facility was also staffed by personnel inside trauma harnesses. As time went on, and the Great War came and went, the facility would remain functional and intact.
Some time later, Christine Royce would unsuccessfully ambush Father Elijah at Little Yangtze. During the attack, the now automated facility sent Mister Orderlys to retrieve injured prisoners for treatment. While the ghoul prisoners were exploding, the robots retrieved Christine, allowing Elijah to escape. Wounded, she would be operated upon, and experimented with. Accepting death she would record one final holotape. The operation, however, was cut short when Ulysses intervened, braking into the facility to rescue her. Once the dust settled, the facility was in ruins, the trauma harnesses began to wander, and the pair escaped to his hideout, a cave in a rocky outcropping. He later returned to scavenge the locale for supplies and holotapes. The facility would remain in this partially destroyed state, and should the Courier choose to explore the crater and discover the facility, a newly upgraded Sink Auto-Doc would find a way to deactivate the trauma harnesses, releasing the corpses they had held prisoner for almost 200 years.
Y-17 is directly southwest of the X-8 research center. The facility consists of a large main room, consisting of two levels, and a side room. The main room is filled with computers and desks surrounding a buried and inoperative Auto-Doc (most probably Mark IX or a prototype model) in a lowered area, in the center of the room. A unique robot named Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS patrols the floor.
The side room is blocked by a force field which can be disabled with an upgraded sonic emitter. Upon taking the sterilizer glove from the console in the side room, three lobotomites will spawn at the entrance of the facility.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant C-13 holotape is located on a desk on the lower level, in front of a destroyed terminal.
- The Sink Project: Auto-Doc holotape is located on a desk on the upper-most level of the facility.
- There is a Sterilizer glove in the force field protected side room.
- Christine's COS recon armor can be found near the wreckage in the center of the main room upon entry.
- A Stealth Boy can be found next to Christine's armor.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enchancements holotape is located on a cabinet on the middle level catwalk of the facility.
- Valence radii-accentuator can be found on the body of Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS.
- Patient Log Y-17.0 can be found in the room to the right next to the torn off cage door.
- One of the cells in the side room contains a small Brotherhood of Steel logo; this was likely Christine's cell during her stay in the facility.
- There is a terminal upstairs that talks about the Cloud being released in Sierra Madre.
- The front door of Y-17 is marked with an Old World Flag painted in red, by Ulysses.
- Fast traveling to the facility will cause the game to freeze.
- Pressing right while crouched against the wall at the entrance will cause the player to phase through it, falling into the void. The character will reappear inside the jail cells on the other side of the force field. Without the sonic emitter upgrade the player is stuck.
- Y-17 medical facility terminals; Terminal, Y-17 Trauma Harness Testing Results
- Y-17 medical facility terminals; Terminal, Y-17 Trauma Harness Action Items
- Sink Project: Auto-Doc
- Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant C-13 and Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enhancements
- Y-17 medical facility terminals; Terminal, Sierra Madre: Test Case?
- Patient log: Y-17.0
- Ulysses log Y-17.15
- Old World Blues endings#Auto-Doc