Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Y-0 research center
The remains of this facility is like several others destroyed in the Big MT crater by the increasingly insane practices of the Think Tank; allegedly this one was destroyed when Dr. Klein forgot to carry a 2 in one of his calculations. The loss of this installation is doubly tragic, as it is here that the secret to matter recombination was unlocked. The Y-0 research facility, operating on a very generous grant from Frederick Sinclair, created the miraculous Sierra Madre vending machines, powerful devices capable of converting inorganic materials into usable ready-made supplies, such as ammunition, prescription medications or even consumable organic foods.
The Y-0 research facility is in the far north of Big MT. Two broken military trucks with broken cages block the entrance to this research center. Next to the blocked "entrance", on the left side, is an active terminal that holds some information about the vending machines used in the Sierra Madre. Southwest of this location is a path that leads to the X-22 botanical garden.
- Big Book of Science near a skeleton and a duffle bag south of the two trucks.
- Recipes - Melee Weapons skill book holotape near a skeleton and a duffle bag on the roof of the research center. Climb on one of the trucks to reach the roof.
- Mobius: "Klein... remember the time you forgot to carry the 2 and nearly blew up the Y-0 Research Center? Oh, wait, you did! Or was that me?"
- Y-0 research center terminals; Terminal, Requisition Order: Dispensers
- Y-0 research center terminals; Terminal, Dispenser Funding Update