Fallout: New Vegas locations project
X-7b "Boom Town" target zone
The X-7b "Boom Town" target zone is directly east of the X-8 research center. It is a mock settlement set up for the express purpose of testing the performance of Saturnite artillery shells. Several houses are destroyed, having craters in the center of the wreckage. The X-7a "Left Field" artillery launch facility is aimed directly at it in the west-southwest. The entire area is irradiated as a side effect of weapons testing, with craters full of green radioactive material.
- A Nuka-Cola Quartz and a Nuka-Cola Victory in the house to the northeast of the area. Both a grenade and a mine box are located on top of what's left of the roof.
- An atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator and the guns skill book recipe can be found inside a footlocker in a crater north of the western-most house after firing the fixed gun located at X-7a "Left Field" artillery launch.
- A strange cask (wooden barrel) can be found on top of a hill (outside the fence) just northwest of the footlocker with the recipe for the Guns skill book. Inside and on top of the cask are four bottles of battle brew. To get there, go northeast and up and back around.
- When you fast travel to Boom Town, you will be facing a bombed out building with an Old World Flag painted in red on the wall (presumably left there by Ulysses).
Behind the scenes
- The term "Boom Town" is military slang for artificial settlements they would build and fill with houses, cars and mannequins to see how atomic bombs would affect them during nuclear testing in the 1950's and 60's.