Fallout: New Vegas locations project
X-12 research center
X-12 is closed until further notice. On an unrelated note, whoever closed X-12, please report to the Dome.”— Klein
X-12 is directly southwest of The Think Tank. An upgraded sonic emitter is required to get past the force field blocking the stairs going down. On the bottom floor below, the Y-17 master trauma harness is wandering around. After disposing of it, three more Y-17 trauma override harnesses will spawn at the front door.
There are three levels. The middle level is accessed by going down the stairs and exiting on the peripheral catwalks. These lead to a round about hallway with some ammo boxes inside. The bottom level is a wide open area with a podium on one side with long counters hugging the walls. In the back are some tables and a deluxe chemistry set.
- Light Switch 01 Upgrade: Smart Lights is found on the bottom floor leaning on the projector.
- K9000 cyberdog gun - The Y-17 master trauma harness will have it in his inventory.
- .357 magnum rounds - Over 100 downstairs on the left side of the staircase.
- 8 proton throwing axes - Found on the bottom floor, inside the podium in the corner of the room.
- Through the doors on the Mid level, there are ammunition boxes at the end of the halls with various ammunition.
- On the left side of the staircase, a deluxe chemistry set will allow you to create stimpaks or various chems, as long as your Science skill is above 25.
- The Y-17 master trauma harness may be able to shoot the player through the forcefield, but without the sonic emitter he cannot be killed.
- When outside the facility, the game may become painfully slow and crash.