Wild Card: Finishing Touches
Everything is coming together
In order to control Securitrons beyond the confines of the New Vegas Strip, Yes Man requires the Courier to install an override module in the vicinity of Hoover Dam. Additionally, President Kimball must be kept alive so he can take the blame for the defeat of the NCR at Hoover Dam, absolving New Vegas.
- Get the override chip from Yes Man at the Lucky 38.
- (Optional) Protect New California Republic President Kimball during his visit to Hoover Dam. See You'll Know It When It Happens for more detail.
- Go to the El Dorado substation. NCR personnel will shoot on sight.
- Plant a chip to extend the Yes Man's broadcasting range.
- (Optional) If Friend of the Followers has already be completed, talk to Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside and convince her to give full assistance to the New Vegas region.
- Return to the Lucky 38 and report back to Yes Man.
|1||(Optional) Protect President Kimball during his official visit to Hoover Dam before powering up El Dorado Substation.|
|2||Go to the El Dorado power station and install the Override chip.|
|3||(Optional) Convince the Followers of the Apocalypse to support an Independent Vegas.|
|4||Report back to Yes Man.|
- Unless you are wearing NCR faction armor and so act in disguise, Boone will leave your party if he is with you when install the override chip at the substation. Without the benefit of a faction disguise, a work-around is to tell Boone to wait outside of the substation so that he does not witness the chip installation, then he will remain with your party.
- If I Forgot to Remember to Forget has been completed, Boone doesn't seem to leave as long as no NCR personnel are killed.
- Even if the player is already 'Idolized' with the NCR, You'll Know It When It Happens will fall if the Courier goes to the El Dorado substation first. Completing You'll Know When It Happens first and then going to the substation results in the Quest ending with your NCR fame at 'neutral' or higher.