White horsenettle (left) and plant (right)
White horsenettle is a plant, which has managed to survive the thermonuclear apocalypse with virtually no change in morphology. The white horsenettle is one of several dozen species of so-called "stinging nettles"; the plants themselves have thin, hair-like thorns along their leaves and stalks. When touched, the plant injects a compound derived from formic acid into the hapless unfortunate that got a nettle or two in their skin. Larger doses of nettle poisoning can cause itchiness around the wound site, inflammation, and blistering. They have a straight, tall stem and heart-shaped leaves. In maturity, tiny clusters of flowers form where the leaves and stem meet.
White horsenettles are useful plants as the seeds are used as basic materials for a variety of poisons, including Mother Darkness, Tremble, Silver Sting, and Bleak Venom. White horsenettles can also be used to create tanned gecko hide, tanned fire gecko hide, tanned green gecko hide and tanned golden gecko hide. However, eating white horsenettle not only weakens the body, but also impairs Agility while restoring only a small amount of health.
Like all other Mojave Wasteland plants, ripe white horsenettles found in the wasteland will eventually regrow after being picked by the player, making them an unlimited supply of free food.
Effects of Survival skill
|10||-1 Agility, -1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -6 Starvation||60||-2 Agility, -2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -11 Starvation|
|20||-1 Agility, -1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -7 Starvation||70||-2 Agility, -2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -12 Starvation|
|30||-1 Agility, -1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -8 Starvation||80||-2 Agility, -2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -13 Starvation|
|40||-1 Agility, -1 Endurance, +1 Hit Point, -9 Starvation||90||-2 Agility, -2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -14 Starvation|
|50||-2 Agility, -2 Endurance, +2 Hit Point, -10 Starvation||100||-3 Agility, -3 Endurance, +3 Hit Point, -15 Starvation|
1 White horsenettle
Horsenettles tend to grow near civilized areas; they can also be found in isolated areas though these are much less common. In general, under water towers, water tanks, pipelines and power lines is a good place to look.
- Some plants can be found in large quantities near Primm (North of the fence, area containing the casino) and Goodsprings.
- You can also find horsenettle on the flatlands and in the ruins surrounding Boulder City.
- The surroundings of Lake Mead have some horsenettle growing.
- Other good locations are outside the Freeside North Gate at the nearby farm areas and under the water tower in the Crimson Caravan Company.
- There are patches growing south of the Ant Mound and Allied Technologies Offices.
- Three plants exist at Samson Rock Crushing Plant.
- A plant can be found west of the road leading from Goodsprings to Primm.
- Northeast of the Grub n' Gulp rest stop four of the plants are growing in close proximity to each other, next to the rusted water pipe.
- Can sometimes be found on dead Legion soldiers.
- They can be created at the Biological Research Station in The Sink, using salient green, in the Big MT.
- Three plants can be found east of Mojave house where the mad brahmin reside.
- Another three plants can be found east of Mojave house and southeast of North Vegas square. There will be a boarded-up white house where the plants are, and some buffalo gourd seed, as well.
- In a clay pot to the left of Joshua Graham's desk in Angel Cave