Welcome, sir or madam. Do you wish to purchase something?”
The Vendortron was programmed to sell weapons and ammunition at the Gun Runners factory near Freeside, in order to automate their operations and ensure availability of wares 24/7. Although some of the Gun Runners were dissatisfied with the choice of naming, no alternative was found and the name stuck. For protection, the Vendortron was placed in a reinforced kiosk to deter theft and assault. 
Beyond that, the Vendortron also possess sophisticated visual recognition software, capable of selectively filtering people based on their appearance. The Gun Runners used this functionality to penalize the Crimson Company when one of its guards decided to amuse himself by taking potshots at the Vendortron: All Company employees were barred from making purchases.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 1000-8000|
Sells: Restocks on Sunday and Wednesday
The Vendortron is the only character marked as essential and remains available as a merchant even if the player wipes out the Gun Runners. It will also continue restoring goods, allowing the player to dump excess weapons and items in its stores.
The store has five inventory tiers (the inventory is random and may not include all weapons listed below). All weapons are sold at 98% condition.
- Tier 1 (player level 1): silenced .22 pistol, varmint rifle, 9mm pistol .357 Magnum revolver, single shotgun.
- Tier 2 (player level 1): 10mm pistol, 9mm submachine gun, cowboy repeater, service rifle, caravan shotgun.
- Tier 3 (player level 6): .44 Magnum revolver, lever-action shotgun, silenced .22 SMG, 10mm submachine gun, Hunting rifle, sawed-off shotgun.
- Tier 4 (player level 11): trail carbine, hunting revolver, assault carbine, sniper rifle, hunting shotgun.
- Tier 5 (player level 16): riot shotgun, 12.7mm submachine gun, Marksman carbine, minigun, light machine gun, brush gun, anti-materiel rifle.
Finishing the Honest Hearts add-on will also make the .45 Auto pistol, .45 Auto submachine gun, war club, yao guai gauntlet, tomahawk, and fire bomb available for purchase. After installing Lonesome Road, rockets and nails will be sold, even without having started the add-on's quests.
If Gun Runners Arsenal is installed, the Vendortron will offer unique items that would appear in merchant inventories if said merchants are dead.
- The Vendortron can carry most weapon mods available in the game, even while purchasing with a level 1 character.
- It will always have all Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road mods once the player finishes the add-ons.
- If the Vendortron sells a gun, it will also have a chance of stocking the appropriate ammunition. If the ammunition appears for purchase, it will be in a large quantity (usually in a stack of 100+ of non-rare ammunition types).
- The Vendortron sells all of the components needed to make weapon repair kits: duct tape, scrap electronics, scrap metal, Wonderglue, and wrenches.
- Vendortron never stocks aid items, apart from the occasional weapon repair kit.
|Hand laser 30|
Head laser 30
Drops on death
- "This is the New Vegas branch of the Gun Runners, supplying the wasteland with only the finest armaments since 2155."
- "The store is currently unavailable due to unexpected circumstances. Please come back later."
- "Hello, potential customer."
Behind the scenes
- The debate surrounding the Vendortron's name, specifically the suggestion about naming it Bob, is a reference to the 2000 post-apocalyptic science fiction film Titan A.E..
- The Gun Runners were supposed to sell energy weapons as well, judging by the form lists found in the GECK. However, they appear to have been scrapped early, as they lack entries for the Gauss rifle and Plasma Defender, and include the rare multiplas rifle.
- bugs page for details. The Vendortron is affected by general bugs that affect vendor inventories and caps in barter. See main
- Since it is technically a part of the Gun Runner faction, the Vendortron can go hostile when the player aggros the guards, even following them inside the HQ building. Since it cannot be attacked or permanently knocked out, it can be a major threat.
Vendortron appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Gun Runners terminals; Gun Runner Terminal, Vendortron Naming: "Seriously, can we stop calling the Vendortron a "Vendortron?" Let's give the thing a proper name, like Bob (we're not calling it Bob). We'll vote on it at the end of the week. Please, please, please come up with something decent."
- The Courier: "How did you get inside there?"
Vendortron: "This kiosk was specially constructed around me to deter theft and assault."
- Gun Runners terminals; Gun Runner Terminal, Persona Non Grata: "One of the Crimson Caravan guards, identified as Robert Wilson, decided it would be funny to take a shot at our Vendortron. He's lucky he didn't get a .308 through his idiot skull.
We're currently negotiating with McLafferty for reparations, but in the mean time we need to update the Vendortron's recognition software to filter out all Crimson Caravan employees. We'll also need to pull some strings over at McCarran and get them temporarily barred from purchasing ammo there, as well."