User talk:Devastating Dave
|Archives: #1, #2|
- 1 If you could spare some time.
- 2 Tumblr activity
- 3 Urgent Ref Protection Project
- 4 Concerning attribution and plagiarism
- 5 Companies template
- 6 Input requested
- 7 Recreation
- 8 What Makes you SPECIAL
- 9 Trailer Overviews?
- 10 Blog
- 11 Competition
- 12 Wastelander
- 13 Forum:New Wiki Media
- 14 New Leaks
- 15 Competition Conclusion
- 16 Recategorizing
- 17 Re: Tumblr page
- 18 RW
- 19 Ghost and BIG MT projects
- 20 Kinda
- 21 Combat armor redux
- 22 Army seal
- 23 Multiple and/or missing icons
- 24 Gibbons of Far Harbor
- 25 Themes
- 26 Memory Den screenshot
- 27 Synths or Synth
- 28 Westside
- 29 CC
- 30 Chinese activities in the east
- 31 FO2 non-player apparel?
- 32 I would love your opinion...
- 33 Sam Blackwell's bunker terminals
- 34 Language links
If you could spare some time.
- Question: where do you find all of this Fallout fan art? Just rebloging from other tumblrites? I don't spend a lot of time on tumblr (reddit is my preferred procrastination medium) so I don't see all the stuff you see. Also, if you could look at the arguments in the forum Ant posted above (perhaps present some arguments of you own) and vote Yes/No, it would be much appreciated. --Kastera (talk) 17:14, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
Urgent Ref Protection Project
Recently I've been trying to construct a list of external links that this wiki uses are references. However when going back to archive them some have either changes or disappeared. I officially motion to make this project a top priority if we are to maintain reference integrity.--Ant2242 (talk) 18:16, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Concerning attribution and plagiarism
I have made a forum to discuss cooperation between The Vault and Nukapedia on forming a common attribution policy as well as a policy regarding the punishment of plagiarism. If you could share your thoughts on it at Forum:Attribution and plagiarism policy, it would be very appreciated. Thanks, Kastera (talk) 17:32, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
- I tried to add it to the templates earlier, however I don't believe that it worked. After the template gets updated I believe we should move it to "Template:Infobox company". I would be happy to do all the bot work on this part.--Ant2242 (talk) 02:45, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- "User:Ant2242/Template:Infobox businesses" this is as far as I got.--Ant2242 (talk) 02:31, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
Should we keep your recreation (File:Grognak cover recreation.png)? Bethesda just released an Official version of the cover along with two others (File:Fallout4 grognak full.jpg).--Ant2242 (talk) 18:21, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
What Makes you SPECIAL
Shouldn't this be in caps as the name of a, I want to say training real, series?--03:08, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
- What do you think the format should be? Something similar to, say, the weapon overview plus the FNV trailer overview? Also could you please look over the addiction overviews.--Ant2242 (talk) 04:01, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- That's odd. Give me the title and I'll create it. :) Tagaziel (talk) 19:34, 22 October 2015 (UTC)
- Blog:Shadowrunner56/Lore_contest_entry_-_Ghoul_Genetics_Theory. Wikilog works a little bit differently. Tagaziel (talk) 05:12, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
Really happy that you are joining us for some fun. <3
Just to make the entry official, can you do the following for me:
- Please E-Mail your entry to FalloutTheories@Gamepedia.com, with either a link, a file attachment, or both.
- Provide your name and/or nickname that we can recognize you by.
- Let us know where you live - if you have not already read our official rules, make sure to do so, as due to legal reasons, we cannot accept entries outside of Canada/the U.S. If you are in an area where we cannot ship physical prizes to, please let us know, and we can discuss digital prize alternatives!
- Reiterate as to which community you came from.
That E-Mail will regulate all of the necessary information through each of our judges. Good luck! GarouxBloodline 12:32, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- No worries. ^^ Will be giving it a read in just a bit. GarouxBloodline 20:17, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
Forum:New Wiki Media
Sooo... your entry wins! With a perfect score, as a matter of fact. ;) Make sure to read up here to catch up on everything. Since you came in 1st place, your default prize will be a copy of either Fallout 4, or its eventual GotY release! Alternatively, you may pick any of the other prizes, which includes: CE Prima Guide, regular Prima Guide, Fallout Anthology, or a bobblehead/plush/vinyl of your choosing from the official BethStore. If you pick an alternative prize, your default prize will travel down the ladder until someone picks it.
Thank you so much for joining us! GarouxBloodline 00:07, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- I am just glad that we got a pretty good number of competitors in to have some fun with all of us. :) I will update Curse, and you should be hearing from them soon after we get everyone's prizes settled in. GarouxBloodline 01:56, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
Re: Tumblr page
I sure can try! I just have to remind myself to regularly visit tumblr. I think I have a few good articles that could get people navigating around the wiki, like Fallout 4 settlements, Fallout 4 add-ons, and Fallout 4 power armor locations. --Kastera (talk) 04:23, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for reverting me, there. I was under the wrong impression that our real-world comparison policy extended to everything - not just weapons. As long as you learn from your mistakes, jaa? ;) GarouxBloodline 21:31, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
Ghost and BIG MT projects
Could you please also look over the pages "Project Burke", "Project Hare", "Project 'Blue Blood'"? Also do you know what the specific parameters are for those reactions? I have gotten both but have no idea what they are, which we absolutely need for the page.--Ant2242 (talk) 21:42, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
Thank you, but for some reason I cannot access my New Vegas GECK. No idea what happened, and frankly this has been going on for a while now with this dying Visa HP. Lately the only thing I have been able to access is the base FO3 GECK. I cannot even access my GOTYE saves, let alone its GECK.--Ant2242 (talk) 23:27, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
Combat armor redux
I was wondering; what is your take on the design progression of combat armor? Mine is that the breast plate armor came first then it went to a cuirass. The progression of the FO4 armor seems to indicate this.--Ant2242 (talk) 22:35, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
Multiple and/or missing icons
The Nuka-World icon for the transit centers appears to be missing, while some appears to be duplicates of others; such as File:PG.svg, and File:20.svg. Should I delete them, or are they different somehow?--Ant2242 (talk) 20:27, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
Gibbons of Far Harbor
What do you think about the Gibbons family in Far Harbor? I cannot quite grasp what the environment portrays. Do you think Nelson killed them all for the insurance money? There is a skeleton in a rowboat, a duffle bag full of cash, and explosives boxes. Is there a way to contact Bethesda about it? Also should the Gibbons get their own page as a family or should all the detail go on the coming page "Greater Cranberry Island"?--Ant2242 (talk) 05:03, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- As far as individual themes, I'm not coming up with as many as I think I should be able to. I think the series obviously has a pretty strong over arching theme "War Never Changes" what with displays of humanity's resiliency and society's ability to rise from the ashes; it doesn't matter if it's a proper town or a band of raiders, human societies constantly form and compete against each other simply because war and human nature never changes.
- Other than that, I think there's a lot to say about Fallout: New Vegas in terms of "Begin Again" and "Let Go." The motif is especially strong in Dead Money where Elijah can't let go of his leadership role, Dean Domino can't let go of the treasure of the Sierra Madra, Christine can't let go of her obsession with taking down Elijah, Frederick Sinclair can't let got of his obsession with Vera Keyes, etc. Even in the main game on other add-ons, Mr. House refuses to begin again and let go of his Vegas empire, and the NCR and the Legion aren't backing down and letting go of Hoover Dam, even though the Legion lost it once before; in Old World Blues, the Think Tank can't let go of the Old World, and in Lonesome Road, Ulysses can't let go what the Courier did in the Divide all those years ago.
- Hopefully all that rambling helped you; I can't wait to see what you put together. :) --Kastera (talk) 20:28, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
Memory Den screenshot
Hi. You still have that image somewhere, to reupload it again? Or is there another instance? Than it could be deleted as well… -- -- You like to talk to me? -- cCContributions -- 07:03, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
Synths or Synth
Should the overview page be "Synths"? Also should I give the "Synth (Fallout 4)" page the same treatment as Radstag? Is "Synth (Fallout 4)" even a correct name?--Ant2242 (talk) 02:00, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
I have recently gone through the Westside article and would very much like your opinion on it. Also should we add a regions section to the Mojave Wasteland page? ie Spring Mountains, Las Vegas Valley, Black Mountains, Lake Mead...--Ant2242 (talk) 00:20, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
Thank you! My plan is to write it up then get a review before its information is used to to review/update about ten character pages, at least three location articles, and add the NCR's water operations somewhere.
Chinese activities in the east
Recently I have compiled references for and touched up the articles Wan Yang (and the Velvet Curtain story-line), and Mama Dolce (and the Chinese DC intelligence/counter-intelligence/sabotage story-line). These articles along with the LOB Enterprises article paints a particularly interesting, yet lesser known aspect of Fallout lore.
I was wondering what your take on the subject is. I need a second opinion before proceeding. Particularly in the case with the People's Bank of Point Lookout's affiliations and what the recordings could mean.--Ant2242 (talk) 07:13, 28 January 2018 (UTC)
FO2 non-player apparel?
I would love your opinion...
I would love your opinion on the recent rewrite of the Westside article. A lot was rewritten, and I am wondering just how much biases have influenced what I wrote as compared to what is there now.--Ant2242 (talk) 00:32, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Sam Blackwell's bunker terminals
Hello. Its Been a while! I was wondering, if I was correct with the links on the page. I don't own the game and am going off of the map page for the associated location pages. Also doing a little deducing from what pages I can read here. I was also wondering what you think of this terminal header template?--Ant2242 (talk) 08:23, 2 March 2019 (UTC)
On The Vault Fallout Wiki, and probably other pages, the language links are broken and redirect to the FANDOM main page. I could probably investigate this myself but ho boy am I mentally exhausted. Anyway thank you for your time. Xbony2 (talk) 00:19, 25 July 2019 (UTC)