|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade launcher.|
Thump-Thump is a unique grenade rifle, which has the extended range of a barrel extension mod found in its common counterparts. It has 30% faster attack speed, 0.5 lower weight, is 25% more durable compared to a standard grenade rifle and has a unique attribute of making grenades fired from it move twice as fast as normal.
It also has a unique texture and the words "Thump-Thump" scrawled on the side with an arrow pointing towards the muzzle. There is also a cartoon drawing of an angry beaver with red eyes holding a battle rifle on the stock.
- Grenade rifle, the common variant.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that is slightly lighter.
- Great Bear grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that has more damaging projectiles (not explosions).
- Red Victory grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of fire.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||6||100||300||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Thump-Thump||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||284.1||2.8||x1||1||0.8||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||125||800||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Mercenary's grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||100||300||Explosives:0 Strength:3|
|Great Bear grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||15 + 100||246.6||2.1||x1||15||0.5||32||40mm grenade||1||5||250||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Red Victory grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||327.9||3.2||x1||1||1.0||29||40mm grenade||1||4||125||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
- If the Boomers are killed for Mr. House or Caesar's Legion before you are given the Nellis array building key by Raquel, Thump-Thump cannot be obtained. The building's door is unpickable and can only be opened with the key, but it does not appear on her body if she is killed.
Behind the scenes
- The name is a reference to the nickname "Thumper", given to the real life M79 grenade launcher (which the grenade rifle is based upon) by American soldiers.
- On some occasions Thump-Thump will not inflict any damage to the target. If this happens you may also not cause any damage while using V.A.T.S.
- In third person view when you run the weapon will fall, holstered or holding, and may "follow" you. It is still visible in first person view. Unequipping it then re-equipping will remedy the problem.
- If a limb is crippled right after firing, you will not have to reload.