The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Missing data (The dialogue file lacks the FO3BS dialogue.)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Three Dog in Fallout Shelter
Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's me, Three Dog! How you kids handlin' Post-Apocalyptia today?”— Three Dog
Born to parents who made their way in the world as members of a traveling theater group, Three Dog grew up listening to rock music, hating the government that he never knew (but surely caused the nuclear holocaust), fully believing in the rights of free speech and communal law. At some point before he established GNR, he was taking Jet and stumbled across Oasis.
He established GNR in 2272, together with a technician named Margaret. Since he began, he's been broadcasting to the Wasteland with his voice, public service announcements, and music. At times he makes jests at Enclave Radio, going as far as mocking President John Henry Eden. Three Dog believes in what he calls 'fighting the good fight', which boils down to noble pursuits in the fight against raiders, super mutants, slavers, Talon Company, and the Enclave. This explains why he cooperates with Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel.
Section needed (Expansion with scripting check OR removal.)
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
He stays in the GNR building throughout the entire game.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Following in His Footsteps: Passing a Speech check will give the Lone Wanderer immediate information about their father.
- Galaxy News Radio: In exchange for information about the Lone Wanderer's father, Three Dog wants them to go to the Museum of Technology and install a new satellite in the Washington Monument to boost GNR's signal.
Effects of player actions
- Should Three Dog die, GNR technician Margaret will replace him as GNR's radio personality.
- Three Dog will comment on various actions of the Lone Wanderer through his radio broadcasts.
- On Galaxy News Radio, Three Dog refers to the Lone Wanderer by their current karma title.
|Three Dog's headwear|
Three Dog's glasses
Merc cruiser outfit
Drops on death
- Evidently, his broadcasts are pre-recorded. He can be viewed at the G.N.R. building, not doing anything of note, but still his public service announcements or other news can still be heard on the radio. This is further supported by the fact that he can be heard on the radio at any time during the day. Additionally, he often says in his introduction "coming to you taped from my fortified bunker in the middle of a DC hellhole" though he also will say "coming to you live".
- If the Lone Wanderer helps Roy Phillips get into Tenpenny Tower, Three Dog later refers to the "wholesome slaughter" of the former residents, instead of the common expression "wholesale slaughter."
- Three Dog's broadcast expression can change depending on the actions of the Lone Wanderer. Should the Lone Wanderer pursue a noble, good-karma path, Three Dog will say "Nice goin' kid!" at the end of an event-determined broadcast. But should the Lone Wanderer choose a vilified, bad-karma path, Three Dog is quoted as saying "Not cool kid. Not cool at all." Or, "what's with that, kid?"
- "Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's me, Three Dog! How you kids handlin' Post-Apocalyptia today?"
- "Hey everybody, this is Three Dog, your friendly neighborhood disc jockey. What's a "disc"? Hell if I know. But I'm gonna keep talkin' anyway."
- "Now what if I, the all-powerful Three Dog, were to tell you that somewhere right here in the Capital Wasteland, there’s a place with LOTS of trees."
- "People of the Capital Wasteland! It is I, Three Dog, your ruler! Hear me, and obey! Oh, sorry, that's that OTHER radio station."
- "Hey nifty America. It's me, your president, John Hen... Ahhhh... Gotcha! Three Dog here! How's everyone doin'?"
- "That's right, from Megaton to Girdershade, Paradise Falls to the Republic of Dave, we are coming to you loud and proud, in a special live report!"
- "The Enclave, and that includes their Homecoming King, "President" John Henry Eden and his gorilla Colonel Augustus Autumn, are NOT here to help you."
Behind the scenes
- The name of the character Three Dog comes from a previous character played by his voice actor Erik Todd Dellums, called "Dog 3".
- Three Dog shares similarities to very many DJ characters from movies and real life, Wolfman Jack chief among them.
- Gearbox Software's FPS-RPG Borderlands 2 references Three Dog with a three-barrel shotgun titled 'Thre Dog'. The weapon's description states that '...one barrel ain't enough, and two is too few'.
- Occasionally, Three Dog will mention events that occur after the ending of the game. He will only do so if the player had downloaded the Broken Steel downloadable content and has not played through the part in the game before it.
- Sometimes after starting a new game, Three Dog can be heard stating things that haven't come to pass yet. This can be very annoying as it usually lasts the entire game or until you catch up with what he's talking about.
- Sometimes Three dog will start saying a comment and then quickly switch comments about the player over and over again. This can be annoying and not allow you to listen to music for the rest of the game.
- Occasionally Three dog will repeat the "News" section of broadcast 2-3 times over until he will continue playing songs again.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.100: "Three Dog
Born to parents who made their way in the world as members of a traveling theater group, Three Dog grew up listening to rock music, hating the government that he never knew (but surely caused the nuclear holocaust), fully believing in the rights of free speech and communal law. He is fully committed to "spreading the signal" of his radio station to anyone who will listen; it's his duty to counter the propaganda spouted by the Enclave on their station."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "I wish I could have met your parents. I bet they were... interesting."
Three Dog: "Parents? Ha! I was born from the sun and have sand in my veins. Ha ha! Just messing with you. My parents were very cool. They preached all about the haters and their bullshit... how to tell the propaganda from the real deal."
(Three Dog's dialogue)
- Galaxy News Radio: "Here's a question for all you faithful listeners. Have you guys and gals ever seen... a tree? No, no, no. Not those shriveled black things. I’m talking real trees. Brown bark, green leaves, photosynthesis, all that good stuff. Now what if I, the all-powerful Three Dog, were to tell you that somewhere right here in the Capital Wasteland, there’s a place with LOTS of trees. A veritable Oasis of green in that depressing sea of brown. Look, it was years ago, and I MAY have been experimenting with Jet at the time, but I’m telling you, it’s out there..."
(Three Dog's dialogue)
- Galaxy News Radio: "Good golly, Holly. This is the worst thing to happen to our neighborhood since the HOA instituted their mandatory "scavenged rags" dress code. From Rivet City to downtown D.C., the Enclave is on the scene and setting up shop. Children, I don't care if you've ignored every other word that's come out of my mouth for the past five years. Please. Hear me now, and believe. The Enclave, and that includes their Homecoming King, "President" John Henry Eden and his gorilla Colonel Augustus Autumn, are NOT here to help you. Wake up, children the Enclave have a giant truck full 'o Brahmin, and they've been spoon-feeding you the bullshit. These guys are schemers, crooks, and killers, and the sooner you all realize that and stand up to their oppression, the better. That, my friends, is fighting the good fight."
(Three Dog's dialogue)
- Galaxy News Radio: "Hey nifty America. It's me, your president, John Hen... Ahhhh... Gotcha! Three Dog here! How's everyone doin'?"
(Three Dog's dialogue)
- Robert MacCready: ""I miss the Capital Wasteland's radio... Three Dog was a hell of a DJ.""
(Robert MacCready's dialogue (Fallout 4)) Note: This line is spoken within the control room of the WRVR broadcast station.