Thin red paste
Thin red paste is a healing item which potentially restores 60 of the players Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum Hit Points by 5.
- With the perk Them's Good Eatin', there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any living creature killed by the player.
- Several can be found in X-13 testing facility in the room where the player finds the prototype boots, on a table at the room's south end.
- It is considered a banned item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
Behind the scenes
- Like blood sausage, thin red paste is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. As in, "you reduced your enemy to a thin red paste".