|For general help with wiki markup, see Help:How to edit a page.|
|This page contains The Vault's terminal content policy. It describes how to format and arrange terminal data pulled from the files of Fallout games based on the Gamebryo and Creation engines.|
- Raw data should be pulled directly from the game's files when practical and include the following information, where available: EditorID, FormID, contents, and any additional information pertinent for wiki use (such as model used).
Terminal pages layout
- All pages containing terminal transcripts should be distinguished by the terminals suffix (or terminal, in case there is only a single one on-location), appended to the location name for the relevant terminal.
- If the location name is unavailable, such as with generic terminals, a name describing its function is used.
- Terminals are sorted according to relevancy. If relevance cannot be established clearly, alphabetic order is used.
- Terminals use descriptive names, derived from their owner, content, function, or editor ID, for ease of navigation.
- The name as it appears in the game, editor ID, and form ID should be noted.
- Shared content should only be transcribed once per page and the contents linked to from relevant terminals.
- Terminals with generic content, such as turret control, safe, door terminals, are linked to under a separate head, rather than transcribed in full.
- If pages are difficult to navigate due to the amount of terminals, they should be divided into additional pages, distinguished by location (such as The Institute terminals (BioSciences) or H&H Tools Factory (upper floor)).
- Navigation and usability are key. If the page is cluttered and the table of contents cannot be understood at a glance, the page requires revision.