|This page contains The Vault's image and video policy. It describes rules for images and videos which are uploaded to the wiki.|
- Images and videos are subject to the general content criteria. In addition, there are some specific rules for this type of content outlined below.
- Images may only be uploaded for use in articles and on user pages. On talk or forum pages, please link external images instead. Images for use in one's signature are considered user page images.
- Images should be of good quality.
- Images should never include parts of the UI (HUD, crosshair) unless the point of the given image is to illustrate the UI itself.
- Images should have a descriptive name.
User page images
- Only 5 user page images are allowed per user. If you wish to free up "slots", you need to mark old images for deletion.
- The file names of user page images have to start with "User" in order to avoid confusion with images for use in articles.
- User page images violating any of these rules will be deleted without warning.
- Embedded videos may only be used in articles if they illustrate issues which cannot be expressed by written text at all or only with difficulty. Examples for acceptable videos are game trailers or a video illustrating how to find an item which is in a hard-to-find location.
- Videos for user pages may not be uploaded to the wiki; please use the YouTube extension if you wish to place videos on your user page.