The Shi need plans for a vertibird from Navarro.
The quest will be given to the player by Ken Lee, adviser to the Shi Emperor. After he learns that the player requires fuel for the tanker, they will offer an audience with the Emperor to obtain fuel, on one condition: Obtaining the Vertibird plans from Navarro.
When the quest is accepted, the location of Navarro is added to the world map. After dodging Enclave patrols (or wiping them out), the player will arrive at a gas station, staffed by a lone attendant in purple robes, Chris.
From this point onward, access to the base can be obtained through several ways:
- Convince Chris that the player is a new Enclave transfer (the part can be dismissed as a hired escort), through a difficult Speech check. This will provide the password to get through the main gates of the base.
- Use the trap door inside the metal shack to access the underground level of the base via a ventilation duct.
- Use the ventilation unit dome west in the forest to get in through the ward used as temporary lockup for Xarn (opening the door will release the deathclaw).
Inside, the player can talk to the armory master and retrieve their own set of advanced power armor from the lockers, along with plenty of high end gear. Retrieving the Vertibird plans will require a bit of finesse (or brutality).
- Quincy will only provide the plans if proper authorization is obtained. This can be bypassed by telling him that Raul sent the player to get the plans, which will cause Quincy to throw a fit and give the player access to the locker.
- The plans can be stolen from the locker by using Sneak and Steal on the locker.
- If everyone is dead, no one can stop the player from grabbing the plans.
When the player leaves the building with the plans in their possessions, they receive 3500 XP.
Returning to San Francisco and giving Ken Lee the plans yields 5000 XP and access to the Shi Emperor, which can be used to transfer fuel to the tanker.
- Wiping out Navarro is worth a lot of experience, but it's a long fight and probably best reserved until after the plans are obtained and all the other Navarro quests are done.
- It is advisable to get the quest from the Brotherhood of Steel for the plans at the same time, and give them to Matt first. The Brotherhood will reward the player and give them a copy of the plans, allowing the player to complete both quests.