This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Scrap metal".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Raul's Shack
- 2 Protectron Killing
- 3 Sunset Sarsparilla Headquarters
- 4 Super Duper Mart
- 5 RobCo Facility and Unique Size
- 6 The Red Racer Factory
- 7 GNR
- 8 Meresti Trainyard
- 9 Robot Repair Center
- 10 Unlimited fixed location sources
- 11 Brotherhood of Steel safehouse (New Vegas)
- 12 Southern Nevada Wind Farm
- 13 FNV vendors?
- 14 Nellis Hangars and Cerulean Robotics
- 15 Harper's Shack (New Vegas)
- 16 2 or 5 Pieces for the Food Processor
- 17 Adams ariport
- 18 Meals-to-metal
- 19 Disambig necessary?
About 4 scrap metals can be found here and Raul doesn't seem to mind you taking them.
Most Protectrons roaming the wasteland have at least one unit of scrap metal on them. Another good place to check for scrap metal is in the RobCo Facility. The RobCo Facility is visited while finishing the third chapter of the Wasteland Survival Guide. After you turn everything back on, it would be worthwhile of you to hack back into the computer (you have to be level 50 in Science) and only initiate the third option. The robots won't attack you and you can then kill the robots and search their persons for scrap metal.
Sunset Sarsparilla Headquarters
While playing today, I discovered that there is a bunch of scrap metal in the Sunset Sarsparilla Headquarters. All the security robots will attack you inside and when killed, will all have scrap metal or fission batteries when you search them. There is also scrap metal in random boxes around the plant. This place has many of the pieces needed to assemble the ED-E robot if your repair is 55 or science up to par.
Super Duper Mart
In the back of the store near the pharmacy supplies there is 4 scrap metals in various boxes 184.108.40.206 18:35, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
RobCo Facility and Unique Size
The Red Racer Factory
I was looking for some scrap metal so in the DC area and i came across The red racer factory and i found about 10 scrap metal
and some nice loot from the surgeon.
If you're going to say you got some nice loot be specific and actually say what loot you found and please sign your posts. JaspertheViking :D? 21:10, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
There may be some more scattered about, but there are 5 scrap metals to be found in Three Dog's Office.
JaspertheViking :D? 21:12, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
The scrap metal is in the section inhabited by the family in Karl 's shop . There are around 20 scrap metals in a cooler directly on the right once you walk in. There are 22 pieces in total in the place.
Robot Repair Center
In the Mechanist's Lair you will find tons and tons of scrap metal. It is located very close to Canterbury Commons. It is recommended to have a high science and either Seargent RL-3 or Fawkes. As they are the highest defensive partners and can survive the many robots. Bring Pulse weapons and also a Science of 50+. Deal with the robots, loot them for their metal, also check around. About 30-40 pieces of scrap metal laying around. Also check boxes.
Unlimited fixed location sources
- Citadel, the sentry bot outside by the gate can be destroyed every few days prior to completing Take it Back! (if Broken Steel is installed all npc's at the gate disappear, if it isn't installed the game ends following that quest).
- House of Wares (Point Lookout), the protectron here can be destroyed without Panada becoming hostile. It will respawn every few days.
- Mictlantecuhtli 19:31, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
Brotherhood of Steel safehouse (New Vegas)
are there any good vendors for scrap metal? I only ever see 2 at a time. How do I get more lead for ammo?
I spent hours of my time searching for good places to find scrap metal and I can now post the best 4 places.
1. Cerulean Robotics- Contains about 15 scrap metal and it's a very small building.
2. Nellis Hangars- In the hangar with Loyal, in it there is about 20 scrap metal, some on shelves but mostly spread around in metal boxes(although you do have to steal them). Also if you're short on caps there's about 10-20 thousand caps worth of combat armor you can steal.
3. REPCONN Test Site- In the basement of the building(which can be accessed after starting the quest Come Fly With Me) 15-25 scrap metal can be found by searching all the rooms(some can also be found upstairs).
4. REPCONN Headquarters- Although this takes some time, if you kill all the robots and search around the building you'll find about 15 scrap metal there also.
--Mr Bangstry 02:47, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
Harper's Shack (New Vegas)
2 or 5 Pieces for the Food Processor
This article indicates that 2 pieces of Scrap Metal are needed for the "Not Worth a Hill of Corn or Beans" quest. When reading the article for the quest, however, that article indicates that 5 pieces of Scrap Metal are needed.
Which one is it, 2 pieces or 5 pieces?
I was working on the quest in broken steel and between the robots and all the random boxes and tool shelves i found 42 peices of metal
Old Lady Gibson at Gibson scrap yard sells alot of them at a time.
Will Dinner Plates work or do they have to be called Tin Plate? Great Mara 18:17, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- You need tin plates.220.127.116.11 16:27, July 2, 2011 (UTC)