This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Alien power cell (Fallout 3)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Random Encounter READ FIRST
- 2 How is the ammo in Fort Independence calculated exactly?
- 3 Magazines
- 4 Locations
- 5 Alien PwrCells - Located at Vault 106?
- 6 APC Farming
- 7 20 Alien Power cells
- 8 Infinite APCs
- 9 floating green stuff
- 10 Alien Power Cell Glitch
- 11 A.P.C's near Rockopolis
- 12 how many A.P.C.s did you people end up with when you went and found all the cells you could find
- 13 apc and alienblaster 13-mlp power station
- 14 found more in the olney powerworks
- 15 Mothership Zeta
- 16 Moved
- 17 VALP-58 Power Station
- 18 Mothership Zeta; possible way to get power cells at Alien Crash Site.
- 19 Followers
- 20 11 apcs southwest of andale
- 21 Does raider glitch work w/ Rivet City Security guards?
- 22 Easy way to obtain APCs.
- 23 Infinite Alien Power Cells, FINALLY!!! (and infinite alien blasters)
- 24 Fallout: New Vegas
- 25 False info on main page
- 26 7 APC SW of Wilhelms Warf
- 27 where are the 26 apc located in the Engineering Core ( Mothership Zeta)
Random Encounter READ FIRST
If you believe that you have found a new location, please check this page to see if any of these locations match yours before you post it. The reason behind this is that the location is probably just the Firelance Random encounter.--Master of cheeZ 05:10, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
For anyone that doesn't know, the Firelance Random Encounter does NOT spawn an alien, if you just find power cells and possibly the Firelance, do not freak out or question the situation too critically.
The first alien power cells inside the Mothership is right after you meet up with the kid.
i killed 2 raiders outside of the super duper mart and they both had 1 alien power cell on them. early in the game too, before i even went and got the alien blaster.-Kodiak 561 03:55, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
I picked up 30 Alien Power Cells off a Mr. Gutsy in Fort Independence!! I Think it was just some kind of glitch though. -User:Bitchin33 6:10, 24 July, 2009
I also picked up 3-4 ammo from outside the Super-Mart just nearby Megaton. So either there is random spawns or.. freak happening... ForkyD 11:28, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- I actually found a dozen or two of these outside the Super-Duper Mart near Megaton, on the back corner of the parking lot on the right side as you exit the building. – Kentyman 04:42, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I ran into some that were in an arc leading off a destroyed elevated freeway to the ground. I will go back and pinpoint their location. Yes, they were floating off the ground. I believe that is where I got my firelance. I'll check up on the Super-duper mart too.220.127.116.11 10:36, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Since most of the ammo is random drops, the locations on the article should probably only list places where the ammo is known to always be. Adamv 17:54, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
I found several surrounding the building just west of the Red Racer Factory, but that was probably just a random spawn. /unknown
I found 15 scattered around a radioactive crater just east of Oasis. 18.104.22.168 04:19, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Search for Firelance. Good luck :) --ThorX 06:59, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yep, it was the Firelance event. I didn't recognize the crashing sound at the time :) Thanks. 01:28, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I have to tell you that there are only two fixed locations in the game, at the crash site and west of jury metro (checked with GECK - I edited the article). So if you only found 3-4, you missed 20-21 of them as well as Firelance. /--Mirar 10:58, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- I got the west of Jury Metro one I think. Found Firelance and 20 alien power cells, had to use dogmeat to find firelance because I couldn't see it myself. Lucky me! Alien guns aren't my thing though.. With the limited ammo and all..--22.214.171.124 10:47, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
The 18 power cells I found near the Deathclaw Sanctuary turned out to be the random Firelance spawn. I didn't discover the Firelance until much later, during a daylight excursion. Someone should verify that it is random however. Ari Solis 12-22-2008
How is the ammo in Fort Independence calculated exactly?
It says it's dependent on your skills but doesn't explain how... It is dependent on if you have the Scrounger perk: I got about 45 APCS in each ammunition box with it.... Which skills affect it? Do I need max skill points in everything to get 122 ammo from those boxes?
Also is 122 definitely the max?
I have the PS3 version and I'm getting anything from about 80-99 ammo in those boxes with max luck and Scrounger and I want to know what other skills I need to raise in order to get the full amount.
SteveBob 16:29, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 22:08, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's not clearly written - I'm taking a whack at how I read GECK. I don't have Scrounger though, and was not able to verify it in the game. Can someone confirm - if you have Scrounger, you got at least 51 from BOTH boxes? And hey - I wonder what would happen if you got Scrounger after looting the boxes, and then checked them again? BTW I got 8 in one box and 9 in the other, which is spot on without Scrounger. -RedKnight7 05:42, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Nah I have Scrounger and the most I've managed to get overall is 100 (50 in each box). The most I've seen in any one box is 53. I asked about this on the PC board at GameFAQs and someone with the G.E.C.K. told me that there's 1 cell in each box guaranteed plus an extra 10 that each have a 75% chance of appearing and then another 50 (also with a 75% chance of appearing) if you have Scrounger.
So, basically, to get the full 122 you need to be insanely lucky, probably got more chance of winning the lottery :P
SteveBob 16:01, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- What the GameFAQs guy wrote is exactly what I edited the page to say. But if we're reading GECK right, you must get at least 51 from each box if you have Scrounger, and 58 or 59 is the most likely (i.e., average) result. It should be: 1+(0 to 10)+50, or IOW 51 to 61 per box. If you say you've gotten exactly 50, then I don't understand how to read the GECK odds. -RedKnight7 18:06, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Hmmm, well I'm pretty sure the guy on GameFAQs meant that each of the 50 you get from scrounger also has a 75% chance of appearing. Makes sense from the numbers I've been finding. SteveBob 18:52, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- I pulled an old savegame, consoled myself Scrounger, and looted the ammo boxes ten times (=20 samples). Easier said than done because you have to start from outside the zone. Anyway, you're right: I got a min of 40, average 46.35, median 46.5, and max of 55. 1 + 10x.75@ + 50x.75@ = 1 + 7.5 + 37.5 = an expected average of 46. My 46.35 is very close (with only 20 samples), and the min and max sound reasonable. Basically the equation becomes 1 + 60x.75@; taking 60 samples of 1 at .75% probability is going to keep the answer pretty close to 45; my range on those samples (minus the guaranteed 1) was 39 to 54.
- Clearly I don't know how to read GECK... it's clear that the 10x.75 was at 75% probability, but I don't see a .75 applied to the 50 Scrounger rounds anywhere at all. Oh well. I'll fix the page. -RedKnight7 21:29, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- RedKnight7, when you say that in order to roll a new random drop for the 2 ammo boxes, one would "have to start outside the zone," where exactly is the boundary of this "generation zone" located? Some distance away from Fort Indepedence? Theicla 03:37, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Yeah it's odd but thanks for testing it out. I only really brought it up because I'd planned to try to get all 122, I've given up on that now though :P SteveBob 00:04, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Right. Think of flipping 120 coins and hoping for all heads. Although you do have a better chance than 50% on each toss, it's still a LOT to ask. The actual odds that you can do this are 1 in 10^15 (.75^120). Still, if you're bored some day ... :P -RedKnight7 00:16, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
For me, I have the PerK Scrounger, but I have obtained only 13 cells.
Why does this article list the ammo in magazines of 12 when the Alien Blaster uses them in increments of 10, not 12? 188.8.131.52 08:16, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- They are found in 12-stacks and each cell functions as a 10-round clip. --ThorX 11:35, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
The locations have been moved to the normal page.
More info on the ones in Fort Independence: If you go to Fort Independence, and go in the actual building, go to Fort Independence Lower Level. There should be a tipped over Nuka Machine on the right side of the door. Once you go through that door, you will go down some stairs and come across a door with a terminal on the right. Note that the outcasts inside will be hostile unless you have gained enough points in the The Outcast Collection Agent unmarked quest. You will also need either a lockpick skill of 75, or the Fort Independence key pickpocketed from Protector Casdin. Anyway, after you get through door, go to the bottom floor and go to the southern-most side of the facility. This will bring you to a hallway where, to the right is a door that leads to a small research room filled with weapons data. Behind a locked (Hard) door at the south end of the room is an armory with some ammo and a Minigun. On the table on the left there are two ammo crates. In those crates are the Alien Power Cells. moved from article--Kingclyde 18:13, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- If you're confused about the above, there is a doubled reference.
- "During the Shock Value quest of the DLC Broken Steel, as you near the core of Olney Powerworks and the Tesla Coil there are around three or four power cells laying on the Tesla Stoves and tables in the room directly before the Tesla Coil."
- "36 more (this number will not change) can be found in the small kitchen near the tesla coil."
- ...are referring to the same (3x12) ammo set.
- Fgibson 09:29, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
I tried to get into Fort Independence by picking the locked door under the overpass, to find the Alien Cells.(I could not find any outcast to trade with to gain entrance) I was totally hidden, picked the lock, then headed back up the stairs (didn't even go inside!). The mounted gun, under the overpass, started firing on me. I left for 3 days, but it still shows me as an enemy when I go back. Is there a way to change it, or am I going to have to go in and just level everything inside now??--Rycr34 22:16, 25 July 2009 (UTC
- You could do the Outcast collection agent to gain entrance without hostility and how to can you read about in the article. Kalalokki 09:16, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Alien PwrCells - Located at Vault 106?
Hey, I tried looking here on the discussion tab, But im totally new here, but a while back, I noticed power cells around the metal fencing at Vault 106 before you enter it. Might sound wierd, but I truly did find them at that vault. I didnt realize till later what they were for. I didn't any notice of the locations to find the cells, and I dont really get how to edit yet, but it may be worth noting on the Alien Power Cell page and/or Alien Crash Site.
Im just trying to contribute, anyone who can confirm this too is much appreciated.
Due to the fact there is a random encounter location there, you most likely had the 'Firelance' one. Get Dogmeat to search for weapons and ammo there, you lucky thing! Fat Man Spoon 23:57, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Update: NNNNOOO! I never had dog meat, never found Firelance, and that game is on my dead PS3 drive, ill have to swap drives. GAHHH! Cool. If I get it, Ill try and upload a pic somehow, and confirm this possible location for sure. (12 June 2009, 17:03 Pacific Time)
- I can confirm it. Found at least 10 of them outside the entrance. But their locations are too scattered (some on the slope to the left, some between rocks to the right), suggesting they didn't roll away from their original spawn points. - ZS 17:59, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Make that 13 (plus a random Talon merc corpse). - ZS 18:01, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I am also totally new here and i am not English. I can confirm that power cells can be found near vault 106. And i even found out how they got there. Since the Broken Steel update everytime in a new game when u got the first time near to the entrance of Vault 106 you can hear a big explosion and something like an asteroid or an rocket comes from the sky and explodes above vault 106. Because of that the ammo is so much scattered. It can be found everywhere near that vault. Under stones etc. Thats because this explosion of that thing comming down strew them everywhere next to that entrance. Hope you could understand what i tried to explain. -Foederation-
- No, that's the Firelance random encounter. For the billionth time. Nitty 14:09, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Are you sure it's not the firelance encounter? As the way your describing it sounds like it.Gameboy627 14:10, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Anyone have any idea how to do this? Ive heard you can leave it nearby NPCs and theyll pick it up. Ive tried doing it near some raiders but they dont pick it up...exactly how is this supposed to be done. I know youve got to leave the firelance/blaster as well.
I don't know about leaving it for npc's but I saw the ship blow up on my way to the super duper mart and when I got to the parking lot there were two raiders and one was using the firelance on me so they will pick things up, it was about three minuets between the boom and the fire fight for me that's like three hours in game. they may pick it up if you sneak up(stealth boy and/or stealth suite)drop it in there way and cross your fingers they may spawn ammo or you could also try to reverse pick pocket either way I'd say 50-50 i know it works (rpp) on assault rifles
184.108.40.206 03:19, 23 July 2009 (UTC)Yes, its actualy very simple, as for the math of how many you get is Random(As far as i know). What you need is to have 1 APC and the Blaster. Now Reverse Pick-Pocket that Cell onto say a Raider. After you have done that Drop the Blaster. Reveal yourself and then they should run over to the Blaster and pick it up. Let them get 2-3 Shots off then Blow there head off. Now here is were the Cells are Random. First only pick up the Blaster(FIRST) then the Cell. Now it only has 1 Cell on it, however if you go into your invintory and look at the Blaster to see how much ammo you have should be more then 1. Its Random. I have had like 7 shots get off and when i took it back i had a full clip. 220.127.116.11 03:19, 23 July 2009 (UTC)Drakonianwolf54
There is an easier method!!! find raiders, drop your alien blaster + 1 alien power cell, they will pick up the alien power cell first, then the gun, if they dont pick up the gun then maybe your alien blaster is too much damaged...
now they should switch to the blaster and start shooting at you, when the first shot is released kill him (because multiple shots only are more lethal to you!), then quickly loot the alien blaster (as other raiders want the blaster too!) now you should have a random number of alien power cells added from 1-10. repeat or drop the alien blaster back in the body of the raider if any raiders are nearby. 10:59, October 12, 2009 (UTC)Slasher
20 Alien Power cells
20 APC found just northeast of Fort Constantine, over the highest cliffs just between SatCom Array NN-03d and Train Tunnels... I think this could be part of Random Alien Encounter, cause i saw a great meteor falling between the mountain rocks ... i never seen before the Alien Encounter, so not sure but what other thing could be? Never found the alien ship (could be the ship crash in a no plain terrain, im pretty sure it got inside the mountain rocks) but 20 APC where scattered all over the place. Since the meteor fall strange things happen like small radiation areas that dissapear and terrain textures misplaced that allowed me to enter inside some rocks.
Thats normal by for Constantine. there always rock missing up there, at least for me. thats was also a random encounter. i think i got ghouls around a barrel up there.
lol that was the firelance encounter, hope you found the gun.
Has anyone tried the infinite scrap metal trick using APCs instead? I've tried doing it but I can't pickpocket the APCs back. If you gave Casdin infinite APC's for three hours, how many APCs would he have that you could kill him for? Please someone test this WITHOUT console commands.--Master of cheeZ 03:19, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
I simply use console comands to spawn ammo and the wepons themselves. I also used the G.E.C.K. to change its ammo to energy cells but you can change it to anything and it does the same damage.
I said WITHOUT console commands. I play FO3 on xbox so a way to get infinite APC's would be tasty. Make sure you haven't been caught pickpocketing casdin before trying this.--Master of cheeZ 21:38, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Tried to do it at xbox 360 but still no way..Argh! I want more APCs!!!! I'm going crazy!!! I wish they make the aliens respawn!!!!- BloodOmelet
- Make sure you're doing this with only 2 or 3 sets of the APCs and a new save, that may be the only way it'll work. Stealth Boys help too, try about 10. Lol--Master of cheeZ 21:31, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
If you reall really want 20,000 apcs then test this.--Master of cheeZ 16:47, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Okay, so I've finally gotten around to testing this. Problem is, it was really hard even though I used CSA and 4 SB's at night. However I can't seem to get him to take the ammo back when I get caught for the final step, now I REALLY need someone else to test this to see if you run into the same block.--Master of cheeZ 18:20, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
You could always hex edit.Gameboy627 14:16, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Fuck that, i'll try again on a new save.--Master of cheeZ 19:35, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
Checked it out and it's a no go. Casdin will not take back APCs even if you steal them. My test consisted of giving him 24 APCs,taking them back,giving them again,and only taking 12 APCs. I then tried to steal his rifle,he took back the rifle, but didn't touch the APCs. I however have used the scrap metal glitch so that may have some effect on this possible exploit, but I don't plan testing it any further.--Zero1221 02:04, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I got the same result. It seems that the reason why he doesn't take it back is that it's classified as ammo. I may test this one more time, and then move on to the other objects you can give him.--Master of cheeZ 02:51, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
floating green stuff
I stumbled across the craters near jury street metro station and found 96 power cells and have been searching for firelance for a couple hours now, but there is green stuff floating everywhere. Could this be a sign of the firelance crash?
They were most likely from the upturned truck at the bottom of the crater.
Alien Power Cell Glitch
Im playing Fallout3 on the XBOX 360 to make things clear. I have the Pre-War theme for my Megaton house and i left 350 Alien Power Cells (stacked) on the table in the second floor in between two red chairs. I left for about 1 week (in game) to Point Lookout and returned to find the 350 APC's had become 1 APC. I dont know if its a common problem but its a serious thing to lose 349 APC's to a game flaw/glitch/bug. Hopefully Mothership Zeta will resupply me.
--Fallout85 02:16, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
i dont know how to fix your problem but i wanted to say.... WHY WOULD YOU JUST LEAVE 349 APC ON A TABLE AND NOT IN A LOCKER?!?!!?!?!? ok sorry lol. just wondering. Kodiak 561 04:27, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Never, ever, ever ever ever leave items stacked in your megaton house.Coodude26 16:37, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
You know ammo has no weight right? 18.104.22.168 23:12, 23 July 2009 (UTC)Sugarplum
I always carry my Power Cell's with me, just in case.
lol @ u
well actually you were gone for two months and one week since it takes one month to travel to point lookout and one m,onth to trvel back to the capital wasteland WastelandAtheist 11:11, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I've just had a number of cells vanish too, in a different way. I was out near the edge of the map, somewhat north of the entrance to Vault 108, when I heard the explosion of the UFO. The site was quite close to me, so I hurried there and found 160 alien power cells scattered over a wide area -- it was very rocky there and that's why I suspect I didn't find them all. Anyway, after a while I fast-traveled back to Megaton, where I had stored the Alien Blaster and 108 cells in the lockers next to the door. I picked up the Alien Blaster and the 108 cells in the locker, only to find that I now had 120 cells in my inventory, instead of 268! The remaining 148 have vanished without a trace. I don't have any addons or mods running. Wunengzi 09:33, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
A.P.C's near Rockopolis
so i'm marchin double time from smith Casey's and just i make it to the valley there is an explosion and i look up for no real reason and see an explosion in the sky. but there is nothing around but dead albino scorpions. so i make it to the entrance of Rockolis and notice blue shineys on the ground. ALIEN POWER CELLS!!! OMG! they are every where, in the valley to the left and right and on the hill above rockopolis. no crash site that i could find no alien blaster just power cells.... oh and they are real easy to find if you wait till dark... Rockopolis is also easy to find after dark since there is a big light coming out of it. any way some one else needs to check this out and see if it just random or if it's a constant. it could be something that only shows up after add-on i don't know, i'm not a doctor.
did crowley follow you to your house? because he takes the best stuff?.
ROFL @ idk, im not a doctor. Search youtube and wiki before you make yourself look like a moron sir.
If anyone related to you is actually a doctor I think you should let us know so we can avoid them for consultation.
how many A.P.C.s did you people end up with when you went and found all the cells you could find
i found 660
450 and I forgot to check the mobile base in Broken Steel. (Stupid, right?)
yea it is stupid, my advice go back and check itWastelandAtheist 11:13, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
yeah, to bad you can't really go back to it 22.214.171.124 19:55, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
apc and alienblaster 13-mlp power station
i went 3 towers a head and found a disc sacer and a lot of apc and 2 alien blaster??!Q?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I dont know about the apc's but the 'saucer' was the dish from a satalite that had fallen off.
pics or it didnt happenVictoriesx42 19:46, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
IT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN BECAUSE IT'S BULLSHIT! Hooray!!!!!!!!--Master of cheeZ 19:38, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
It is the origional "alien crash site" where you find the alien blaster, the "saucer" was the crashed ship, it is located 3 electricity pylons north of mdpl-13 power station inside a small irradiated crater. This is also the spot where you start mothership zeta, however the only way to get them if you have mothership zeta installed is to stay a good bit back and sennd dogmeat looking for weapons and ammo, since they disapear upon completion of the DLC.
Why is everyone this stupid, The APCS and alien blaster do not disapear upon the completion of the DLC . The corpse and the items are just a bit north of the beacon. - RASICTalk 23:11, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
found more in the olney powerworks
when you walk into a hallway somewhere in the powerworks, the door you campe from shuts, and another one opens, revealing 2 sentries. these will start shooting at you. when you disposed of them, go into the small room they were in, and look at the side walls. you will see a miniature space ship on a pedestal on both sides. on the pedestal is an arrow that points upward. look up, and you will see ammo crates the hold about 6-9 APWs. 126.96.36.199 17:44, 3 August 2009 (UTC) for some reason, i can't log in to my account anymore, but this is 'the great molerat'
Can we get some sort of estimate on how many are onboard the ship? Vault 77 Dweller 01:59, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
12 can be found inside the robotics part of Mothership Zeta
I found another 12 + 20 on the floor next to 12 on a shelf in the Robot Assembly--MessyDwarf 07:03, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
54 more next to the Alien Pulverizer
I only found 51 next to the Atomic Pulverizer in the Weapons Lab--OvaltinePirate 12:19, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
26 more can be found in a box with a Nuka Cola Quantum in it in the upper level of the 'base' area the humans hang out in
87 near a Gatling Laser in the Weapons Area
109 in the room where you open the portal for the gang a second time
- biological research, right? 188.8.131.52 03:21, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
48 (4 x 12)when you regroup with sally in the steamworks their through the door she comes through on a shelf
Does anyone know if MZ stops being able to get the alien blaster and APC's at the crash site?--Master of cheeZ 23:01, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Even though the ship is gone, the alien is still there. And I'm pretty sure that the alien blaster and APC's are still there. 184.108.40.206 03:19, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- I can confirm this, the body and loot is all there (though some of the ammo was sliding into the ground). --RedTracer7 04:02, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
I'd moved locations back to the original page due to misleading information and possible vandalism.--Master of cheeZ 19:03, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
VALP-58 Power Station
I found some APC's in a large crater south of the VALP-58 Power Station the APC's are located near a military vehicle thats tipped over. It shouldn't be hard to find since there are some Enclave near it getting samples from the crater, but if you are having trouble finding it it's near the first destroyed building you see south the power station.
that is ground zero near fort banister Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 19:44, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
Mothership Zeta; possible way to get power cells at Alien Crash Site.
Can someone confirm when you bring dogmeat to the alien crash site while having Mothership Zeta installed, and order him to find ammunition so he brings you APC's. So you would'nt get zapped away into space?
EDIT: Confirmed, I've done it on PC, v1.6
Confirmed on 360 with the latest Xbox LIVE update
Has anyone ever looked at your followers inventory and discovered they have an Alien Power Cell? I was going to Rivet City for the first time with Jericho and I came across the Super Mutant camp with a Wasteland Captive. I traded with him simply to hold some Raider armour, he had an empty inventory, and fought them. We defeated the Super Mutants, rescued the Captive and looted the corpses of the Mutants so I traded again to give him a Minigun. However when I looked in his inventory, he had the armour and one Alien Power Cell. Naturally I waited 'til dark and searched the area for anymore glowing Cells, hoping it may have been the firelance event but found nothing. I knew he didn't have it before the battle and couldn't find any others after. InterestedFreak 13:53, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
11 apcs southwest of andale
i was exploring andale when i started going to the nuka cola factory when i ran across car and a stroller near the bridge and i seen 1 apc near the stroller and 10 more scatterd around the area
That's because you triggered the Firelance random event.
Does raider glitch work w/ Rivet City Security guards?
I was thinking, would the raider glitch work if you reverse-pickpocket 1 APC onto a Rivet City guard, drop the alien blaster, shoot him/her w/ a weak weapon, holster your weapon, and pickpocket the cell(s) and blaster back (or kill the guard, seeing as they respawn anyway)? 220.127.116.11 23:25, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- EDIT: Glitch works on Rivet City guard w/ .44 magnum rounds!
- EDIT: Glitch also works w/ APC's!!! W00t!!!
I have found several APCs where the monorail is crashed into the river. It is near the Five Axles Rest Stop. I havent seen or heard the downing UFO there.
Easy way to obtain APCs.
Having great experience with Oblivion led me to this idea. In Oblivion I would use a trick to obtain multiple rings. I would download the Wizards Tower DLC, and then get my ring. After I would delete the DLC and download it back. I could then get my ring again and again. So in this case with Fallout 3, can you do the same with downloading Broken Steel over and over and getting APCs? This is theory, but due to the fact that Bethesda made both Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I wouldent be surprised if it worked. This needs testing. 18.104.22.168 17:29, July 24, 2010 (UTC)Moopus Maximus
nope im sorry to tell you this but wen you delete the DLC (any DLC) and re download it and try to load the save it will say "this save contanes corupt or mising content so some items related with the content will be missing still load save?" and if you try to load the save your game will freze in the midle of the save like the DLC still wasent there srryUberhunter 06:32, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
i think that only happens with BS, i have deleted other DC while playing the pitt, OA, etc. with BS the game messes up but that might be because the new level cap. redownloading them after saving just starts the quest over for me (360). i also think i know why and how to get the max amount of APC or any ammo from a raider that you give ammo too. let them fire off rounds till they reload, then kill him right after he reloads. it seems that the ammo your getting is from the unspent ammo in the guns clip, you can't see it but your ammo changes when you grab the gun. i could be wrong but i seem to get 10 with APC, 5 with a hunting rifle, 5 with sniper(3 if it's the faster one)....i only brought this up because no else seemed to mention this on any other ammo discussion PS don't use the victory if your trying to get sniper rounds because it can be annoying getting knocked down and being helpless for 5 seconds--Silverfox6000 21:23, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Infinite Alien Power Cells, FINALLY!!! (and infinite alien blasters)
Ok guys, i found a way to get Alien Power Cells endlessly, to the degree of earning 250 alien power cells per minute!!!! PLUS, INFINITE ALIEN BLASTERS!! OMFG
- -The 2 alien blasters in the whole game (broken steel needed for the second one)
- -Don´t destroy the citadel
- -Just 1 alien power cell
- -Optional: Victory rifle, Chinesse stealth armour
ENDLESS ALIEN BLASTERS
Ok, now, go with casdin, pickpocket (you can ko him) all his weapon (just his weapons), now, drop those weapons you just pickpocket, then, give casdin your 2 alien blasters.
After that, ko casdin and access his inventory, now, once in his inventory, select the WEAPONS tab, you should only see the 2 alien blasters, so now select the "take all" option and wait for casdin to stand up, now, give him just one alien blaster, and again, ko him and take it back, now PICKPOCKET (whatever he has in his inventory) and make sure he catches you so he takes back the alien blasters you steal from him.
After this, you won´t see nothing new in you inventory, but talk to casdin and you´ll see that the option to give him alien blasters is still there, if this happens, perfect, you now can give casdin endless alien blasters which will stack in his inventory, so when you think you had enough alien blasters you can take them from his inventory, and it is worth mentioning, alien blasters are worth A LOT when exchanging them to casdin, but, who would had gave the only 2 blasters in the whole game just for 40 stimpaks? Well, since now you can give him endless alien blasters, you dont have to worry about it.
ENDLESS ALIEN POWER CELLS
With the previous exploit, try to get 300 alien blasters (use a companion to carry them)
Now, once you have the 300 alien blasters, go to the citadel, once in there, look for the BoS initiates at the target shooting.
With the victory rifle, try to ko the initiate by shooting at his weapon, once he is unconcious, enter his inventory, take his ammo, and NOW, place in HIS inventory the 300 alien blasters, PLUS, 1 alien power cell.
If done correctly, he will equipo the alien blaster and start shooting at the target.
I suggest you to wear the Chinesse stealth armour and crouch, select a precise weapon and crouch, now, wait for him to reload, after he reloads, shoot the alien blaster in his hands, he should drop it and immediately equip another one, again, shoot it out of his hands, and keep reapeating this, i suggest you shoot it just after he reloads
- NOTE: The initiate can turn hostile after 4 shots within 5 seconds, so, shoot him 3 times and talk to him before shooting again
Now after some while of repeating, the floor should be full of dropped alien blasters, pick them, they all had APCs in their clips
You can again place thos alien blasters in the initiate´s inventory and keep repeating this as long as you want.
I earned like 3000 apcs in 50 minutes
Fallout: New Vegas
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Looking in the GECK, the alien captain has 3 items in his inventory. The first is an Alien Power Cell, the last is the Alien Blaster, and between them is a leveled list called AmmoLootAlienPowerCellWW. Each of these items is present in a quantity of 1.
- AmmoLootAlienPowerCellWW itself contains three items. The first is another Alien Power Cell in a quantity of 1. This increases the minimum amount of cells to 2. The next is another leveled list, AlienPowerCell75, in a quantity of 220. It provides a 75% chance of receiving one Alien Power Cell, and this chance is rolled 220 times (once per instance in his inventory). This doesn't increase the minimum, but it increases the maximum to 222. The last items is yet another leveled list, AmmoAlienPowerCellScrounger, in a quantity of 50. As its name implies, it provides extra ammo based on the Scrounger perk; its chance to give an additional cell is based on a global which is controlled by the perk. This chance is rolled 50 times, once for each instance of the leveled list in the inventory, increasing the maximum amount of ammo to 272. --Kris 17:34, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
WHY is this info on this wiki???
False info on main page
On the main page, it says for an Alien Power Cell location
"10 or so on the western edge of the map, scattered in a gully south of vault 87."
I spent a lot of time looking and this simply isn't the case. It must have been the Firelance ammo someone was finding.
7 APC SW of Wilhelms Warf
Just south west of Wilhelms Warf I found 7 APC. The building in that area has a wall surrounding its south and west sides, the cells are located on the area above this wall. I actually took a long walk from The Citadel before I found this so it's hard to say the quickest way to get to this location [it appears to be too high up to get to from Wilhelms Warf, but I never jumped down to find out as I had stuff to do].
Wish I could give a better description, but at the same time it's only 7 cells, but still, thought it was worth mentioning.
EDIT: I found an eigth cell as well. I noticed this area is just north of the main entrance to Grayditch. If you head north from Grayditch [the entrance with the sign that says "Welcome to Grayditch"] you'll find what looks like a bokren truck on the road, there should be one cell on the road right around there. From there if you head east [towards the building you see down below] you should find the other 7 scattered around the general area.
where are the 26 apc located in the Engineering Core ( Mothership Zeta)
26 (1 x 15, 1 x 11) in a box with a Nuka-Cola Quantum on the second floor of the Engineering Core where Sally and the other non-player characters are located. It will only appear after the third generator from Among the Stars is destroyed. The box is located on a railing behind the workbench; you will have to either jump or pull it over from the side.
I seriously cannot locate this and yes i have took down all the generators and explored all places linking from the engineering core. Somehow, I just couldnt locate them.
All other stuff like the mini nuke, nuka grenade, buttercup pretty much i have found them. Just the apc, can someone verify if this info is accurate?