Sunnytop Ski Lanes
Sunnytop Ski Lanes is a location in Fallout 76.
The northern-most ski resort in the Savage Divide region of Appalachia, Sunnytop Ski Lanes was one of many popular skiing destinations in the region. The resort featured four ski lanes: Massey's Tumble (Green circle), Good Times (Blue Square), Friendly Hills (Blue Square), and Champion (Black Diamond).The lifts were in operation from 9:00AM to 4:00PM and ski lessons were available every other Monday at 9AM. The resort had multiple questionable business practices including encouraging unskilled skiers to learn by practice, that "What's the worst that could happen? Fortune favors the bold!"; requiring guests to tidy their suite prior to departure at the cost of a "mandatory housekeeping gratuity"; and requiring guests to self-check-out prior to 8:30AM using the in-room terminals before returning the room key to the front desk, also at the cost of additional administrative and check-out fees. The resort had marketed four skiing promotions, ""Marco Polo Ski Challenge", "Ski-Through at Sunnytop Grill", "Ye Olde Ski Joust", and the "Three-Legged Ski Race", of which the latter resulted in injuries to fourteen guests. To cap off the mismanagement of the resort, the water feed line to the snow-making machines was "mixed-up" with the sewage disposal line, resulting in a banning of all ski slope usage until "the snow color reverts to white".
Following the Great War, Margie McClintock and her raider group, the Diehards, took over the resort as their base of operations. In the following months/years, the group preyed on travelers and worked in conjunction with the cultist group at the Palace of the Winding Path. After they went extinct, the lodge was claimed by new tenants.
Points of interest
- The lodge is fairly large and shaped roughly like the letter Z, stretched out on a north-south axis. The central building is flanked by the main gate and courtyard in the west (with several intact vehicles and lots of open spaces for fighting) and the rear deck, which once provided guests with access to the slopes and luxury amenities. Now all of it is derelict, surrounded by traces of raider presence. The deck contains a bobblehead spawn in the skiing lift operator's hut, with a magazine spawn by the jacuzzi (near the rear courtyard). Another magazine spawn can be found by the northwestern end of the building, with a bobblehead spawn on the opposite side.
- The main lodge has three distinct floors. The central floor spans the length of the building and contains the reception and foyer in the center (check by the fireplace for a magazine spawn and the reception key holes for a key to the locked room in the northwest). Off to the south is the dining area and bar, with an intact banjo to get the Well Tuned bonus. At the southeastern tip are two guest rooms. On the opposite end are the rooms used by the raider leaders. In Margie's room is her terminal, a bobblehead, a locked safe, and Margie McClintock's Holotape.
- Upstairs at the southern end lies another guest room with a steamer trunk in the back, but the door is trapped: Opening it triggers a trap that will fire at the door immediately. The central part of the upper floor overlooks the foyer and contains minor loot scattered around the lounge.
- The basement below the foyer served as a rental shop and locker room for the vacationers. Behind the counter is a terminal (related to Key to the Past) with a bobblehead spawn next to it, with a weapons, armor, and a magazine spawn opposite. Around the bend, near the staircase leading to the foyer, is a power armor station with a random power armor spawn.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Sunnytop Marketing Memo: The note is on the front counter, next to the register and bell.
- Sunnytop Maintenance Memo: The note is on the desk in the rear maintenance shed, by the ski lanes.
- Scouting Report: The note is on the front counter, next to the bell and register.
- Meg's Concerns: The holotape is on the coffee table in the front lobby.
- Margie McClintock's Holotape: The holotape is on the desk beside the Guest Terminal in guest room #2.
- Concerns With Margie: The holotape is on the desk in guest room #6.
- Sunnytop Ski Lanes Room 6 Key: The key is on the key rack, behind the front counter.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the rusting human cages with the skeleton draped on them, on the green tin roof porch of the side (southeast) building, on the southwest exterior side of that building (access via the smashed window from bedroom #6).
- On the ornate dresser with the skull and locked Guest Terminal (1), to the right of the large stone fireplace, in guest room #2.
- On the corner of the counter shelving, to the right of Vincent Fried's Terminal, southwest end of the ski rental counter, facing the lockers.
- On the corner of the computer bank, inside the tiny lift operator hut, by the ski gondola line.
- Potential magazines
- On the round table with the black-and-white parasol on it, by the curved perimeter stone wall overlooking the view to the east, with a broken tree trunk and a hot tub nearby (exterior).
- On the deck by the Raider corpse draped across the white wood recliner, on the outside raised wood deck to the northwest, attached to the main lodge, just above the parked gray bus (exterior).
- By the Raider corpse collapsed back in the chair, left of the main stone fireplace alcove with the Red Garden Gnome and two human cages on it, in the fireplace alcove with the large dark red sofa, southwest wall of the main lodge interior, opposite the double doors' rear entrance (interior).
- By the Raider corpse, near the crates and barrels in the southeast alcove, between the Armor and Weapons Workbenches, opposite the ski rental counter, inside the main lodge structure (lower floor).
- Potential power armor
- Basement level, near the staircase to the foyer.
- Plans and Recipes
- One plan/recipe spawns on a wooden lawn recliner next to the cooking station on the back patio.
- Dynamic spawns
No location theme keyword variable specified - check the infobox!
Sunnytop Ski Lanes appears in Fallout 76.