This perk is not available during level up, but rather must be purchased. The NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor may be purchased from Doctor Usanagi at the New Vegas Medical Clinic for 8,000 caps. It is designed to provide improved protection from damage by armor plates implemented in the skin tissue of the user.
The NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor is implanted under the user's skin bolstering the skin cells of the user with iron making the user much tougher to injure while increasing the user's Damage threshold by 4.
- If the player supplements this with the toughness perk both times (2 ranks) the player will have a total of 10 DT without armor.
- This implant does not affect your HP, only your damage threshold.
- It is the second most expensive implant you can receive from Dr. Usanagi.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible to have sub-dermal implants surgically installed in an actual human body, however the technology is currently limited to RFID chips.
- The name NEMEAN is a reference to the Nemean lion, a monster from Greek mythology whose skin was said to be impervious to damage.
- The Courier: "I'm interested in the sub-dermal implant."
Usanagi: "That would be the NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor. It's a bit pricey - 8,000 caps - but the implant causes your skin cells to be bolstered with iron. It won't make you bulletproof, but it will make you a little harder to injure."