|For an overview of stimpak variants throughout the Fallout series, see stimpak.|
For fast, effective healing of both overall health and every injured body part, nothing beats a Stimpak.”— Fallout 4 loading screen
A wonder of pre-War science, stimpaks are syringes filled with a mixture of healing agents and stimulants, allowing the user to boost their own body's natural regenerative functions. In most cases, it leads to an almost instantaneous regeneration of wounds. Stimpaks can also be used to treat physical conditions, such as a heart condition, but only temporarily. The syringe is typically equipped with a gauge for quickly identifying the state of the contents and can be used either in an intravenous or intramuscular fashion. The basic stimpak is designed for use on minor wounds, as the soup of healing medication is ineffective at treating major trauma.
By default, stimpaks restore a base 30% of one's maximum hit points, but this value can be raised by taking ranks of the Medic perk; the first, second, third, and fourth rank of the perk cause stimpaks to restore 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% of one's maximum hit points, respectively.
- Stimpaks are most commonly found in first aid kits scattered throughout buildings all over the Commonwealth.
- Several human enemies, like raiders and Gunners, will occasionally carry stimpaks.
- Stimpaks can also be bought from doctors and chem dealers.
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-19: "A stimpak (short for Stimulation Delivery Package) contains many healing chems. A soup of healing medication, if you will. By injecting the Stimpak, you drastically increase your own recuperative functions and restore lost hit points almost instantly."
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.124: "Stimpak: The stimpak is an autoinjector loaded with a variety of healing medications and stimulants. Injecting yourself or another character will increase your natural healing ability and give you an immediate Hit Point boost."
- The Lone Wanderer: "Here, take some Stimpaks. That should get him through."
Madison Li: "Yes, this looks to be enough. He'll need medical attention once we've reached the Citadel, but this will get him there. Thank you. Give me a moment, and we can continue."
(Madison Li's dialogue)