The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
South Boston military checkpoint
This is an emergency message to all commonwealth army soldiers. Emergency protocols One Seven Echo Charlie Niner are in effect. If you are in distress, please proceed to the South Boston Military Checkpoint for aid. Coordinates are available in your emergency handbook. This checkpoint has been designated as a safehouse in case of enemy invasion, and is currently stocked with additional food, water, and ammunition. This safehouse is for military personal only. Citizens, including non-military family members, will be turned away for matters of national safety. This message will repeat.”
A pre-War military checkpoint used for inspecting vehicles seeking to enter Boston, Echo Detachment of the 104th Infantry Regiment was authorized for thorough inspections of vehicles, up to and including stripping them down to their base components. After the war, it was designated as a safehouse for military personnel although not their families. Finally in the 23rd century, it was occupied by a squad of Gunners, preying on the people in the surrounding areas.
The checkpoint consists of a concrete bunker with a weapons workbench and an adjacent power armor station cage. A trailer and an IFV are parked next to it, and a mobile house is on the other side of the road, used for interrogations before the War.
- A complete suit of level-dependent power armor and fusion core is in the cage conjoined to the bunker. There is also a mini nuke in the cage, behind the armor.
- The "Take Aim, Army Style" issue of Guns and Bullets is on the eastern desk in the bunker.
- There is a Fat Man inside the trailer.
- On the roof of the bunker, there is a skeleton of a sniper with bubblegum and a hardened combat sniper rifle.
The South Boston military checkpoint appears only in Fallout 4.
- South Boston military checkpoint terminals; South Boston Checkpoint Terminal, Current Orders
- Emergency frequency RJ1138
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.373: "[6.10] SOUTH BOSTON MILITARY CHECKPOINT
Just west of South Boston Neighborhood, this was once a gathering place for military but is now an ambush spot for Gunners. There’s a Fat Man inside the truck trailer, loot (including a magazine) inside the small bunker, and a wall safe (Master). Unlock the outside terminal (Expert) around the back to access a small secured area with Power Armor and a Mini Nuke."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)