Skylanes flight 1981
Bound for Boston on the day of the Great War, the blended wing airplane designated Skylanes flight 1981 was knocked out of the sky by the shockwaves of detonating nuclear warheads, as it was descending towards the Boston Airport. For generations, the site has been picked over time and time again by raiders and scavengers.
Section needed (Codsworth, Nick Valentine and Ness)
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
There is not much to this wreckage. The airplane is situated west to east; the wings have been torn off and rest on the walls of the canyon created by the main fuselage. The airplane's cockpit is on the east side, accessed by a collapsed pieces of wall leading to the second story of the fuselage.
- Should the player discover flight 1981 after Reunions, the Brotherhood of Steel will be launching an assault to clear the inhabitants out.
- The Attack of the Fishmen issue of Astoundingly Awesome Tales is found in the bathroom beneath the cockpit of the the plane.
- Skylanes flight 1981 recording is obtained by grabbing the flight data recorder in the cockpit
- A Skylanes smuggling manifest is located in the hidden compartment (locked Master) in the cargo section under the cockpit. The contents of the hidden compartment are a random amount of chems, weapons, ammunition and pre-War money. The amount of which will be on the note, as it alters to the occasion.
Skylanes flight 1981 appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.279: "[2.10] SKYLANES FLIGHT 1981
On October 23, 2077, Skylanes Flight 1981 (with service to Boston) had just begun its final descent when the bombs began to fall. The shock wave crippled the plane. Since the crash, the wreckage has been picked over by generations of Raiders and scavengers."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)