Sink Central Intelligence Unit
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Sink Central Intelligence Unit
Salutations and felicitations, sir, and a most jocund welcome to the sink. I am your electronic valet and household central processor. May I be of service, sir?”— Sink Central Intelligence Unit
The Sink Central Intelligence Unit is the human-accessible computer responsible for Big MT's data storage. It can act as a merchant, and repairman when at Big MT. Once his personality back-up is retrieved from Dr. Klein and re-integrated into the system, the SCIU speaks with a stiff, overly-verbose and sophisticated accent, in the manner of a stereotypical butler or personal valet. Out of dialogue, the Sink's CIU may make passing remarks about the Courier, offering suggestions of rest and/or refreshments and the like.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 14000-16000|
Add-on Weapon mods
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 100|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- All My Friends Have Off Switches: Your first objective is to install the SCIU into the Sink.
- Influencing People: You must retrieve and install all upgrades for the CIU.
- Through dialogue, the Sink Central Intelligence Unit can be used to disable the personality AIs of the other appliances. They can be re-activated at any time through the same dialogue as well.
Drops on death
- The Sink Central Intelligence Unit uses the same model as the command center in both the Remnants bunker and the table at the observation level of the Helios One solar power plant. The model was also used in Raven Rock.
- The Sink Central Intelligence Unit does restock its inventory, but only if 4 (consecutive) days pass while you are within Big MT, but you must wait/sleep outside of the Sink (waiting on The Sink Balcony or sleeping in Higgs Village for instance). Waiting 4 days outside of Big MT will not work however. Also, when it restocks, it does reset its caps. This will continue once you have completed Old World Blues.
- The Sink Central Intelligence Unit is one of the five non-player characters who can repair to 100. The others include Raul Tejada, Paladin Sato, Major Knight, and Joshua Graham in Zion. Additionally, The Sink Central Intelligence Unit offers the highest caps reserve for its vendor services, second only to Sergeant Daniel Contreras, which makes the CIU one of the most versatile non-player character's in the game.
- If the player is female, and objects to it calling her "sir", it will apologize and say it has no choice, since it was never programmed with the female equivalent.
- The Sink Central Intelligence expresses veiled irritation towards the other Sink appliances, although it's ending slide does show that the Central Intelligence Unit grows to be comforted by the sense of community the other personalities gave it, should the Courier find sufficient personality holotapes. If not all the personalities are found, its ending slide says it is happy that not all of them were found.
- The Central Intelligence Unit does not appear to be as lively as the other programs in the sink, possibly mimicking what can be perceived as a classic British butler.
- "Might sir care for an apéritif to balm the weariness of the sirs manifold journeys?"
- "A most rapturous good morrow on your return to your domicile, sir. I trust you shall find things in order and the riffraff contained."
- "Perhaps sir would like to put sir's feet up, and I might serenade sir with the dulcet tones of a light opera?"
- "Sir is looking exceptionally sharp today, if Sir will permit the compliment."
- "If sir would press sir's spinal area against my primary instrument panel, I might vibrate at a soothing frequency."
- bugs page for details. Several bugs exist related to vendor inventory replenishment and conditions that prevent caps from transferring from a vendor(not specific to Old World Blues). See main
- Sometimes, it won't change the amount of caps after buying or selling items.