Silver Peak mine
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Silver Peak mine
The Silver Peak Mine is just off the path to Jacobstown.
The Silver Peak Mine is actually connected to the Silver Peak Mine shack. The Silver Peak Mine is home to many cazadores and the legendary cazador. They entered the mine by means of a hole, high on the wall in the large cavern containing cazadors. Outside are two bighorner bulls which will attack immediately if you fast travel to the location. Inside the mine at the back of the great chamber with the cazadores is a tunnel the leads up the upper level with a number of crates and a gate. Entering this tunnel triggers a number of cazadores and a legendary cazador to spawn in another chamber and sets them to move directly to and attack the player.
- Remnants power helmet on the top level of the cazador cave, behind a fence door.
- Tumblers Today in one of the lockers on the right as you enter the shack, The locker reads as empty but can be seen on the floor "inside" all the way to the right. Available without having to fight any cazadors
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on one of the tables, right in front of the entrance.
- Several crates containing explosives, including C-4 plastic explosive, plasma grenades, frag mines, frag grenades, dynamite, pulse grenades and pulse mines. Two are found near the room containing the Remnants power helmet, one is found outside the cave, and one is found in a smaller room amongst a pile of cinderblocks and steel-beams.
- There are also 3 frag grenades, a stick of dynamite, 2 hydra and 2 pairs of brass knuckles on the crates in the gated area but they have a tendency to fall into/under the crates.
Silver Peak Mine appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- bighorners, cazadors and a few giant mantises will spawn right in front of you, this is a very dangerous situation for a low level player to be in. These animals will respawn every 72 hours and this event will happen again if you fast travel to this location after this time. Upon fast-travelling to this location a few
- A Great Khan gang member may spawn inside the cave near the gates containing the remnants power helmet. You can't talk to him and he doesn't move.
- Inside the gated area what can only be assumed to be digging can sometimes be heard.
Tumblers Today on one of the lockers on the right as you enter the shack.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collectors Edition p.292: "[1.08] Silver Peak Mine
Passage and Upper Ledge
Use this passage to reach the ledge above. This leads to a gate; open it and procure the following from the skeletal remains of an Enclave hold-out:
* Explosive Crate Items (2)
* Chems (Hydra)
* Unique Item: Remnants Power Helmet [1/95]"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)