- It is used in the construction of the bottlecap mine.
- It is used in the construction of the powder charge.
- It is used in the construction of the gas bomb.
- It is used in the construction of the auto-inject stimpak.
- It is used in the construction of the auto-inject super stimpak.
- It is used in the construction of the satchel charge
- It is used in the construction of the Fat mine (Mad Bomber) (GRA)
- Sensor modules are located throughout the Capital Wasteland, The Pitt, Point Lookout and Adams Air Force Base. The most plentiful location is Point Lookout.
- 4 Can be found behind a bed on the bottom shelf in Roy Phillip's ghoul Hideout.
- 1 Can be found in Vault 87 on the Fire Alarm Panel inside the Test Labs
- 3 Can be found in the RobCo Facility inside the room to your left (just after entering from the wasteland).
Fallout: New Vegas
- Two can be found at the start of the game in Goodsprings. One is on a shelf, in a trailer behind the Goodsprings General Store. The other sometimes appears inside a Stash toolbox located on a pickup truck bed, behind the southeastern most Goodsprings Home. One can also sometimes appear inside a toolbox in the general store. another can sometimes be found in a toolbox or metal box in the school house.
- Found at Cerulean robotics just to the north of The Strip North Gate.
- Alternatively, in Fallout: New Vegas, five sensor modules can also be found in Novac on shelves outside the gas station. They are marked as owned, and must be stolen.
- Several more can be found in the Lone Wolf Radio caravan. There are two on a shelf near the pile of tin cans, and one more can be found in the metal box to the left of the bed.
- The REPCONN Test Site, west of Novac contains a large amount of sensor modules.
- May also be purchased from Johnson Nash in Primm on occasion.
- Can sometimes be found in sheriff's house in Primm in a toolbox.
- One may be found in a stash toolbox inside of an overturned truck trailer (the last one on the left as you approach the two giant statues at the entrance to Mojave Outpost).
- Two can be found inside the Vault 21 gift shop, on a shelf to the right of the entrance.
- Re-spawn in random toolboxes across the Mojave
- Inside Old Lady Gibson's house in Gibson Scrap Yard.
- Two can be found inside a Vault 11 locker.
- Two can be found inside the Cap Counterfeiting Shack in the basement in a toolbox
- One may be found in the third room on the top floor of the hotel [Novac] on the coffee table with Bruce Isaac
- One may be found in the Firehose box in the cell area of the Nevada Highway Patrol station.
- The Outcast Collection Agent
- Getting Ready for Prime Time (only available with the Broken Steel add-on)
Fallout: New Vegas
- ED-E My Love- Two sensor modules, along with a few other supplies, are needed to repair ED-E.
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans- Two sensor modules, along with many other supplies, are needed to repair a food processor.