Searchlight north gold mine
Abandoned mine entrance, nested among the rocks
Abandoned since the heyday of the gold rush in Searchlight, the mine has been repurposed by prospectors as storage for gear and other equipment. The old mine has two branches. The left-hand corridor leads down a winding path into a large, open cavern behind a Hard-locked gate. The right-hand one leads down past a few niches used for storage and containing dynamite and other minor goods. At the bottom is a dead prospector with random items and a key to the gate at the other end of the mine.
Due to proximity to the now-destroyed Camp Searchlight, the mine is filled with feral ghouls wearing NCR uniforms, including at least two glowing ones.
- Hollowed-out rock: Left oof the entrance.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap: In the first storage niche, around the shelves.
- The entrance can be problematic to activate in certain cases. Moving the cursor around helps rectify this problem usually.
Searchlight north gold mine appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.420: "[6.12] Searchlight North Gold Mine
A Feral Trooper Ghoul is guarding this collection of bric-a-brac:
* Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Cap [89/100]
* Sunset Sarsaparilla Crate Items
* Purified Water
* Dynamite (3)
Glowing Ghoul Troopers guard this second storage area with a dead Prospector nearby."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)