Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Saturnite alloy research facility
It is located southeast of the Z-43 Innovative Toxins plant. It is a factory based on top of a cave system where they mine the Saturnite alloy. This building is full of crazed Mister Handy robots along with one unique Mister Handy by the name of Sparks.
Upon entering the eastern entrance is a standard lobby with a few desks and computers that leads to a main factory floor. This floor has a southern exit through a garage door, as well as a set of stairs that lead up to the tunnels. The tunnels take you to a cave system with more stairs, that eventually lead down into the main cave. The main cave, as well as Sparks, however, are protected by a force field, so an upgraded sonic emitter will be required.
Past the force field, at the very end of the cave, is a cavern with two catwalks that go around a magma pit and end up in a room. This room contains another crazed Mister Handy, as well as some of the notable loot below.
- Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights" holotape: the doorway into the factory is a cabinet on your immediate left. The holotape is on a shelf of the cabinet.
- Two construction hats, one up the first set of stairs to the left and one in the pit along with a skeleton at the bottom of the cave. The construction hat inside the pit is dangerous but possible to acquire - the player will die if they fall into the pit itself, but the shelf above the pit is safe to drop on to.
- One Saturnite fist, located at the very end of the cave (Around the back of the pit) on a counter.
- Five proton throwing axes and a Saturnite fist can be looted from the corpse of Sparks.
- If the player commits suicide by jumping down the magma pit, the player will die before landing in the magma, and lay on top of the magma.
- If you load a save inside the game will stop at the loading screen (this player tried loading auto and hard save).
- It is possible to become stuck in between the railings and staircase in the first room of Mister Handy's, requiring a reload to fix.