Fallout 3 locations project
SatCom array NW-07c
Scavenger's dwelling under the topped satellite dish
SatCom Array NW-07c is a satellite communications array, part of the SatCom Array in the far northwestern in the Capital Wasteland. It is due west from the Deathclaw Sanctuary, and northwest of the Abandoned car fort.
The exterior of the SatCom Array is secured by several Enclave soldiers (2-3), an Enclave officer, and on higher levels, an Enclave sentry bot. The interior, however, contains no significant threat; 3-4 Enclave scientists will be encountered, all in fleeing mode, and a pile of ghoul wastelander corpses will be directly in front of a furnace (seen upon entry). Climbing the first ladder there will be one more additional Enclave soldier (on the scaffolding), while climbing the second onto the dish will initiate a sequence where two Enclave Vertibirds fly harmlessly overhead.
Note that if you haven't advanced far enough along the main questline you will only encounter a single Enclave soldier outside the facility, who may not appear until after you have exited onto the exterior scaffolding. The inside will be unoccupied (though an Enclave communications array will still be located inside), and no Vertibirds will fly overhead.
- A copy of Pugilism Illustrated is located on the highway east of the tower in an internment truck. It contains various other loot as well.
- There is a copy of Duck and Cover! to the northeast, inline and halfway to SatCom Array NW-05a: Past the bridge footing with a bus next to it, under the hand of a skeleton by three ammunition boxes laying near four overlapping wrecked cars.
- Some loot can be found directly across the river in a destroyed house occupied by four raiders and a dog. In the bathtub with the dead wastelander is a mini nuke, and on the metal shelf is a copy of Tumblers Today. There are also three ammunition boxes (one Locked) and some chems.
- Just outside to the east on the elevated highway, there is an exploded burned out wreck of a bus. This bus is a little north of the above internment truck. Inside on the floor next to a skeleton, there are 2 frag grenades.
- This is one of three faction-controlled SatCom Arrays, the others being the Talon Company controlled SatCom Array NW-05a and the raider controlled SatCom Array NN-03d.
- Sometimes when you enter the building the ghouls will not spawn dead and kill all of the Enclave inhabiting the building then turning the building into a ghoul outpost. Also sometimes the ghouls might not succeed in taking the building due to the one soldier and the scientists who may or may not fight.
- On the eastern most ruined highway, there is a truck which explodes as you approach, as a scientist blows himself up. The scientist is/was carrying a Big Book of Science and other goodies. The truck has further loot and a bed to recover in.
- Directly under this bridge is a mirelurk habitat. There are usually 2 mirelurks, 2 mirelurk hunters, and a mirelurk king. This could be troublesome if you've wandered into them while wandering around the wasteland. However, you can easily take them out by sniping them on top of the highway. They will not notice you until you fire, but even when you do fire, they just run back and forth making for predictable shots. However, the mirelurk king can still shoot his sound wave at you, so it is recommended to take out the king first.
- Further down the highway away from the SatCom Array is an Enclave checkpoint. Upon first approaching the checkpoint, you get to see first hand what the Enclave thinks of ghoul (or normal) citizens. Though sometimes (through a bug), they can be seen alive and unharmed.
- There is a scavenger living on the ridge just above the entrance to SatCom Array NW-07c, using the fallen down dish as a house. The scavenger can get into a fight with the Enclave units and so may be found dead between the tower and the fallen dish.
- Two Enclave Vertibirds can be seen flying over the SatCom as you reach the top of the tower after completing the Waters of Life quest.
- At this time, there does not appear to be any way to enter the southwestern most structure in this immediate area, nor does it appear to be occupied.
SatCom Array NW-07c appears only in Fallout 3.
- It may be possible for an Enclave soldier to teleport from the ground and onto the scaffolding then become invisible.
- The wastelanders may spawn alive, they will be friendly to the player and attack any Enclave left in the area. If they speak, they'll use a normal human voice and 'speech' instead of the usual ghoul rough voice.
- Sometimes the scientist on the eastern ruined highway may not spawn.
- The lone Enclave Soldier's body (encountered before Waters of Life) may disappear on death.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.312-313: "The threat level of this twin satellite facility array depends on whether the Enclave have emerged from Raven Rock; before this occurs, the northeast tower is completely barren. There are no enemies to face or bodies to loot. However, once the Enclave descend, expect a reasonably sized hit squad of a robot, an officer, and a soldier, along with a sniper on the gantry."