|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Sally, see Sally.|
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Cows? We got cows!”
Sally is a child abductee aboard Mothership Zeta in the year 2277.
Sally and her sister were abducted shortly after the bombs dropped in 2077. Her parents were killed almost immediately after the war, leaving the two girls to themselves. After the abduction, the girls were separated, and Sally never learned that her sister died during one of the aliens' many experiments. She's blocked out most of the bad things that happened to her and is now a fixture in the lower levels of the ship, repeatedly escaping custody and exploring the ship's lower level. She has a degree of insight into the workings of the Mothership and the motives of the aliens that nobody else possesses.
The fact that Sally was abducted during the Great War makes her more than 200 years old. Sally is extremely knowledgeable about the alien ship, having escaped from her holding cell multiple times to explore different areas and having, in her own words, "been here a while, a long while."
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Not of This World/Among the Stars/This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...: Sally assists the Lone Wanderer throughout the Mothership Zeta quests by using her skills to open doors or to provide information as you move through the ship.
Effects of player actions
- After completion of the questline, Sally stays aboard the mothership and scrounges for materials. You can return to the ship at any point and ask if she's found anything, and, if she has, she will give the items to you. You can manipulate what you receive the same way you can manipulate random encounters. You can also simply wait 24 hours and ask her again, and she will give you more items. These items include up to three alien epoxies or alien biogels, around 40 alien power modules, or one or more alien weapons (either alien atomizers, alien disintegrators, or shock batons).
- With the Child At Heart perk, you can ask her to lead you to a secret room containing assorted alien gear.
|Athlete of the Wastes outfit|
Drops on death
- Sally often make comparisons about the Lone Wanderer and "Captain Cosmos," a pre-War television and comics hero.
- "Captain on the bridge!"
- "All systems normal, Captain!"
- "Cows? We got cows!"
- "Stella Skyfire reporting for duty! She's Captain Cosmos' second in command, at least for the first few episodes..."
- "You're even better than Captain Cosmos!"
- "Yay! We won! I knew we could do it, I knew we could beat them!"
Behind the scenes
- Sally's line, "Cows, we've got cows!" is a reference to the movie Twister.
- When talking to her in the maintenance area you can say "What an incredible smell you discovered," which is a line from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Sally disappears from both the Engineering Core and Maintenance Level when you first enter the Maintenance Level.
- After completing This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough..., Sally may become stuck behind the inoperable door in the captain's quarters.
- While Sally is crawling through the vents, if you attempt to pickpocket her she will pop out of the vent and you will begin to talk to her, glitching the game and preventing further progress.
- Sally can appear in Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, or Rivet City, and won't be on Mothership Zeta when you are abducted. (This can be avoided if you use an earlier save before she appears and get to the alien craft first.) Sally won't appear when you need to get her out of the cells, but if you toggle collision off (hit ` then type tcl and hit enter) and walk through the first couple of doors, she reappears and the quest can continue.
- When having asked Sally to show the way to the secret weapon room with the Child at Heart perk, it becomes impossible to bring up the topic again after completing the quest This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough....
- With the Mister Sandman perk, you can gain an unlimited amount of experience by selecting "murder" when sneaking and attempting to pickpocket Sally while she is asleep. She sleeps on the makeshift bed under the staircase in the engineering core (near where the samurai squats). You will have to blow up one or two of the core things in the Cryo Labs, Robot Assembly, or Hangar in order for it to appear. Unlike the glitch used for infinite exp. in Andale (or any other kids), this has not yet been patched.
- When attempting to pickpocket Sally, she initiates dialogue instead of opening her inventory.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.94: "Sally
Sally and her sister were abducted shortly after the bombs dropped in 2077. Her parents were killed almost immediately after the war, leaving the two girls to themselves. After the abduction, the girls were separated, and Sally never learned that her sister died during one of the Aliens' many experiments. She's blocked out most of the bad things that happened to her. Now a fixture in the lower levels of the ship, Sally has repeatedly escaped custody and explored a good deal of the ship's lower level. She has a degree of insight into the workings of the Mothership and the motives of the Aliens that nobody else possesses. Aside from being a trusted ally, Sally also offers random Alien items if you request them, every few hours."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)