Why you talking to me, man? I'm trying to relax here, got it?”
A devil wearing the name of a saint, James used to work as a prospector scavenging around New Vegas, but has turned to slavery, with his partner Dermot, selling refugees (mostly young women) as slaves to the Fiends. While he is a deeply disturbed individual, suffering from many social anxieties (especially those related to women), nor particularly bright, he is the perfect type for slaving, as his partner notes. On top of his psychosis, he is an active pedophile, only kept manageable by a teddy bear he took from a little blonde girl that he coyote'd. Although keeping himself from diddling children isn't the only thing he uses his teddy bear for, as it's been a regular accessory to his sessions with his favorite prostitute Sweetie, which he props in bed with them to "watch".
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Coyotes: Together with Dermot, St. James has been responsible for abducting refugees from the Aerotech office park. Taking James' teddy bear from his room unlocks a new option when dealing with the dastardly duo.
|Field Hand Outfit|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
- "I don't know a thing about no missing refugees from that Aerotech camp. Go cry to somebody else."
- "Me and Dermot work salvage around New Vegas."
- "What you doing stealing my stuff? That ain't even mine. I mean it's mine, but it's private. Give it back! Hell, don't give it back! I don't care. Just found it when we was working salvage and thought I'd save it to give to some kid if one came by."
Saint James appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Saint James: "When I talk to a girl, I start the conversation! And I didn't start no conversation with you."
(Saint James' dialogue)
- The Courier: "Tell me about Dermot, your partner."
Saint James: "What do you even mean? He's Dermot. Dermot knows how to work salvage than any man I ever met. Doesn't go asking questions all day, neither."
(Saint James' dialogue)
- Dermot's ledger
- The Courier: "What can you tell me about the missing people?"
Parker: "They never seemed to have much in common - that's why I didn't notice it sooner. Young folks, old folks, men, women... all disappearing. I remember a family with a little blonde girl. She... never talked much, but she always carried this little stuffed teddy bear."
- The Courier: "Let's say 100 caps. Or you could earn zero keeping your mouth shut."
Sweetie: "[SUCCEEDED] Funny how I make caps every time I open my mouth. Saint James has problems, that's for sure. Never wants me to say a thing, or for me to move around, either. Lately he brings a teddy bear with him and props it on the bed like it's watching us. It's creepy as hell. Not the worst I ever been with, but more a pervert than most."
- The Courier: "What do you know about Dermot and Saint James?"
Maude: "Those boys been living here a while now. They sell salvage and do all right. I never been with either of them. That Saint James is all over Sweetie every time he rustles up the caps to afford her. She says he's peculiar but who isn't?"