Roughin' It! Bedroll Kit
Essentially, it's a portable bed, allowing you to sleep anywhere to your heart's content. However, the same limitations apply to the bedroll as to a regular bed; you cannot sleep while in combat or when being irradiated. Another limitation applies: you can only use the bedroll outside; attempting to use it indoors will trigger a message saying that it is only approved for outside use.
The bedroll is accessed through your Pip-Boy under the aid category; simply selecting the bedroll, then exiting the Pip-Boy will open the sleep time length.
- One is located southeast of the Ashton silo control station, in one of the concrete huts on the opposite side of the street of the collapsed building. There are two satchel charge crates next to it.
- At the ruined highway interchange alongside a wrecked motorcycle and two deathclaws.
- Above the Hopeville Missile Base west entrance behind a blue car. It's above and behind you as you exit and are first addressed by Ulysses.
- The kit does not allow the Well Rested bonus unless you take the Roughin' It perk, and sleep outside a building.
- In normal mode, the bed can be used to heal your wounds and crippled limbs far easier outside of combat. However, the bedroll weighs 15 lbs, a small burden to pay for such powers.
- In Hardcore mode, the bed can be used to reduce your sleep deprivation away from a bed.
- When entering The Fort, the bedroll kit is taken from the player, being considered as an aid item.