Fallout 3 locations project
This particular alien research lab is a location that can be discovered on board Mothership Zeta.
Deeper in the labs, however, one may discover a warehouse collection of Giddyup Buttercups and related memorabilia in various states of storage. The aliens are seen to be obsessively fascinated with the pre-War toy, with a mysterious experiment seen in a room where a lone Giddyup Buttercup is surrounded by deceased test subjects, with observation rooms on either side. A workbench can be found in this area, along with a disassembled Buttercup (cannot be picked up) and some pulse grenades.
This research lab is an area of Mothership Zeta accessible via the cargo hold, and is unnecessary to visit in order to gain access to the bridge and further the main quest-line. However, the research lab becomes inaccessible after leaving the engineering core, and all chance of retrieving captive recordings towards the Alien Archivist goal will be permanently lost if not explored before taking the teleportation matrix to the bridge.
One enters the research lab via the door in the southwest of the cargo hold. After descending a staircase, one comes to a room dedicated to researching modes of transportation on Eartg, including a Corvega Sedan, Corvega Atomic V8, Fusion Flea Supreme, and the Clarabella 7 space capsule. It even has a collection of toy cars (37 in total) by the doorway in the southwest. Through this doorway is a hallway leading to a research wing dedicated to Giddyup Buttercups. On the south side of this room are two doors: one contains a healing archway and the other leads into another part of the Giddyup Buttercup research wing, including a warehouse filled with dozens of ewuestrian robots. Through the door on the other side of the room is a morbid scene: dead test subjects strewn abouy in the bloody floor, and a single Giddyup Buttercup in the cebter of the rokm, bathed in an ominous red light. A teleportation matrix in the corner returns one back to the cargo hold.
- Alien Captive recorded log 13 in the vehicular study section (across from the warehouse door).
- Alien Captive recorded log 21 in the Giddyup Buttercup warehouse, across from a healing archway.
- A Buttercup toy in the larger Buttercup warehouse's southwest corner (across from a work table on the second level).
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will no longer be accessible should the Lone Wanderer complete This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough....
- If the research labs are visited alongside Elliot Tercorien, he will make observations about the nearby Giddyup Buttercup, posters, etc. He also makes an observation about the Nuka-Cola machine in the cargo hold.
- Paulson mentions that he would lose all respect if he was to ride into town on one of the Giddyup toys. Inside of the slaughter room, he will also mention that his horse would never have been able to do something like that.
- There are a total of 114 Giddyup Buttercups in the area.