Rescue Amanda's husband, Joshua.
Vault City Servant Allocation Center
If you talk to Barkus you can arrange Joshua's release in one of several ways:
- Convince the guard that Joshua has contracted the (insert Chosen One's name)'s Syndrome (Speech 80% or Doctor 75%)
- Offer a bribe (from $250 to $1000 depending on your Barter skill)
- If you're a citizen, you can tell Barkus that Joshua is a troublesome individual and should be kicked out before he causes others to act up as well or that he may be infected (Speech 75%)
- If you're Captain of the Guard you can just order his release
- Do it by force, but it's not recommended because everyone will turn hostile towards you
In either case you get 500 xp if you set him free. Go to his tent in the Courtyard and talk to his wife for an added reward of $32.
- You won't get the quest if you're a Slaver or a Childkiller or if your Karma is less than 0.
- After you collect the reward, Joshua and his family will leave once you exit the map, so make sure you get the Wrench from Curtis first.
- If you're male you can ask Amanda for sex as payment instead of money.
- Per Jorner's The Nearly Ultimate Fallout 2 Guide.