A refueling station in Virginia
Drive In, Fly Out!”
Red Rocket was a pre-War company that operated a nation-wide chain of filling stations for automobiles, characteristic for their Raygun Gothic architecture.
The company started its rise in an age when gasoline and diesel were still common fuels. The fossil fuel market crash and the beginning of the Resource Wars in 2052 and the invention of practical fusion energy cells in 2066, Red Rocket expanded rapidly nationwide, offering fusion and coolant refilling services, as an early adopter. And at least on the east coast, Red Rockets holds a veritable monopoly on the market for this very reason. Many of its old gas stations were retrofitted with apparatus for maintaining and refilling nuclear engines, sometimes without even removing old warning signs.
Red Rocket was very conscious about their public image, particularly concern for the environment. Employees were expected to make every effort to reduce waste. One element of these efforts was the annual Trashbusters Award given to stores who demonstrated the greatest year-to-year waste reduction. The inspections were skin-deep, however, and unscrupulous franchise operators could win it simply by cleverly dumping their waste out of sight.
- Red Rocket stations provided refueling services for fossil fuel and later nuclear engines. The latter included refueling the onboard reactors and replacing spent coolant. Coolant was available in at least two varieties: Coolant A ($103.99 per unit) and Coolant C ($113.99 per unit). The smallest stations were little more than an awning with the characteristic rocket and filling pumps delivering fuel and coolant from underground tanks. As time went on and the economic crisis worsened, Red Rocket shifted to robotics, eliminating the need for pump attendants and station staff.
- Large Red Rocket stations would go beyond the usual vending machines and include complete convenience stores with local and national brands, including Nuka-Cola soft drinks and Grey Tortoise cigarettes. The facilities would also offer car washing services, frequently offered in bundles with refueling. Unlike small, automated stations, these establishments would allow clients to choose between full service by a station attendant, self service, or automated service.
- Anandale, VA: On the main street, south of the residents houses.
- Bethesda, MD: West of the ruins.
- Car Dealership: North-east of this location.
- Friendship Heights: West of the Station.
- Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop: Next to the steel shack.
- Olney, MD: A random encounter location, usually giant radscorpions attacking a wastelander.
- Rockbreaker's Last Gas: Includes a Nuka-Cola Quantum on top of the vending machine.
- Springvale, VA: On the main street.
- Smith Casey's Garage: Contains some abandoned cars next to an army roadblock.
- Willy's Grocer
- Sanctuary Hills: Red Rocket Truck Stop, between it and Concord.
- Lexington: Red Rocket
- The Glowing Sea
- Nuka-World Red Rocket
- "Drive In, Fly Out!"
- "Best Service, Nationwide"
- "Full-Service, Self-Service, Authentic-Service"
- "You're Good To Go!!"
- "Be part of the future TODAY! At Red Rocket we can see a future where fusion energy cells will be the norm. But for now, whether it's gasoline, diesel, or even coolant replenishment, make Red Rocket your one-stop service station. With Red Rocket you can be sure... "You're good to go!"" (Boston Bugle front page advertisement Friday, September 30th, 2050)
Signs and displays
Boston Bugle Newspaper article of the Bethesda Store Racing Flea Replica Collection.
- Fallout 3
Early concept art by Adam Adamowicz.
- Fallout 4
- Company logo.
- Fallout Bible 0: "2066 Summer Adding further insult to the Chinese-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general US infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly thirteen years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power."
- Fallout Bible 5: "2066 Summer "Adding further insult to the Chinese-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general US infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly eleven years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power."
- The Art of Fallout 4: "Red Rocket fuel stations continue to hold a monopoly on the market. While the logo and typeface may evolve, the iconic rocket is a constant design element of the stations."
- Station appearance and advertisements in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.
- Trashbusters Award
- Red Rocket truck stop terminals; Red Rocket Terminal, Safe Storage
- Red Rocket stations in Fallout 3 frequently adjoin workshops and are largely maintenance-free. Fallout 4 goes beyond that and features completely automated stations.
- Station appearances in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 advertisements.
- Boston Bugle front page advertisement Friday, September 30th, 2050