The ranger emergency frequency is a low-powered radio broadcast used by Reilly's Rangers (specifically Butcher) to call for help from their position atop the Statesman Hotel. This is a critical portion of the Reilly's Rangers quest, and is one way to begin it, the other being to talk to Reilly herself in Underworld's The Chop Shop.
- "Repeating message. This is Butcher of Reilly's Rangers sending out an S.O.S. on all known friendly frequencies."
- "This is Butcher of Reilly's Rangers. If anyone can hear this signal we're in danger and we need your help."
- "To anyone receiving this message. This is Butcher of the merc company Reilly's Rangers. We're in danger and need help."
- "To anyone that can receive this. We are in danger and need your help. This is Butcher of Reilly's Rangers."
- "Our supplies are running out and we've already sustained a casualty. We're trapped on the roof level of the Statesman Hotel."
- "We're trapped on the roof of the Statesman Hotel by a large contingent of Super Mutants. We are low on ammo and running out of time."
- "Our time is running out and we are dangerously low on ammunition. Our broadcast point is the roof of the Statesman Hotel."
- "Ammunition supply is running out and we've lost a man. We're pinned down on the roof of the Statesman Hotel by Super Mutants."
- "If assistance is not possible, please attempt to contact Reilly, who's made for Underworld inside the Museum of History."
- "Message repeats."
- "Roof access to the Statesman Hotel is only through the adjoining hospital. Please hurry! Butcher out."
- "We will continually broadcast as often as we can, but I'm afraid we don't have much time left. Butcher out."
- "Keep your eyes open... we've left booby traps and mines to help slow the Mutants down."
- "Oh, shit... here they come again..."
The station only broadcasts the distress message one time, before cutting to static. It will always begin the message as you activate the station and before having VERY long pauses of static (presumably because the Rangers are stuck fighting). The message will eventually restart, but this can take a very long while, so pay attention when it first plays.
The range of this station is extremely limited to a small radius around the Our Lady of Hope Hospital and Statesman Hotel where the Rangers are trapped. It can also be received right outside The National Archives. stand close to the door of The National Archives to get the signal. One can also get the signal near the Metro Central exit on Pennsylvania Avenue.