Radscorpion poison gland
Fallout 3 (left), Fallout: New Vegas (right).
- Poison glands are a component used in the construction of the dart gun (Fallout 3).
- Silver sting, antivenom, Tremble, and hydra require poison glands in campfire crafting. (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Ruby Nash will use them to produce radscorpion casseroles free of charge after the completion of My Kind of Town.
- At weight 1 and a value of 30 caps, (value of 25 in Fallout: New Vegas) radscorpion poison glands have a very high weight-to-value ratio, higher than any other miscellaneous item short of certain unique or quest-related items (and weightless items). Because poison glands are effectively limitless in supply they provide a reliable way of making money throughout the game.
- One in the Trapper's Shack basement in the Point Lookout add-on.
- Radscorpions can be found all over the Capital and Mojave Wastelands (though they are less common in urban areas).
- The poison glands in Fallout 3 differ from those in Fallout: New Vegas by being more shriveled and desiccated. The Fallout: New Vegas poison glands are more plump and smooth, they are also quite a bit bigger in Fallout: New Vegas.
- When fired at a wall through the Rock-It Launcher, they may become stuck in the wall, like railway spikes. However, it has not been tested if they can also nail humans, ghouls, or super mutants to a wall, but this is unlikely due to the fact it sometimes bounces off the wall instead of embedding itself.
- In the main drug-making trailer at Red Rock Drug Lab, there are two radscorpion glands on the table. If you take some object from the table. They will most likely fall through the table, making them almost inaccessible.