Radio New Vegas
Cleanup (General cleanup, missing stories, better descriptions needed.)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The station is presented by a pre-recorded disc jockey, Mr. New Vegas, and plays both music and news segments. As quests are completed, one may hear references to the Courier's exploits on the news bulletin as well as other various topics.
- "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our program. This is Mr. New Vegas, and each and every one of you is wonderful in your own special way."
- "Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. This is Mr. New Vegas. Thank you very very much for listening."
- "Hello ladies and gentlemen. Mr. New Vegas here. You're all so great, we're gonna keep you listening all day."
- "Howdy folks, it's Mr. New Vegas, and I have a good feeling about all of you listening."
- "Welcome back to the Mr. New Vegas Show, the show with, in my opinion - which I respect - the best looking audience around. Somebody prove me wrong."
- "Me again, Mr. New Vegas, reminding you that you're nobody till somebody loves you. And that somebody is me. I love you."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, you're listening to me, Mr. New Vegas, and you look extraordinarily beautiful right now."
- "This is Radio New Vegas, and I'm your host, Mr. New Vegas. And in case you're wondering if you've come to the right place, you have."
- "The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Of course there is. You're her. And you're still as perfect as the day we met."
- "This is Mr. New Vegas, fanning the flames of your passion."
- "And we're back. This is Mr. New Vegas, and I feel something magic in the air tonight. And I'm not just talking about the gamma radiation."
- "Welcome back to the program. This is Mr. New Vegas, and I hope I'm not comin' on too strong."
- "You're listening to Radio New Vegas, your little jukebox in the Mojave Wasteland. I'm Mr. New Vegas, and I'm here for you."
- "Hey, it's Mr. New Vegas, letting you know I've got a new Christmas compilation coming out soon. Nuclear Winter Wonderland. Look for it on holotape."
- "You know, I tried to measure my charisma on a Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester once. The machine burst into flames."
Announcing news stories
- "We've got some news for you, coming right up."
- "All the latest news, coming your way right now."
- "If you like news, you're gonna love our next segment."
- "Well, you know what that means, folks. Time for some news."
- "This just in."
- "More news for you."
- "And now the news."
- "It's just about time to get you some news."
- "Here are our top stories."
- "Whoops, better put on my newsman fedora, here."
- "I've got news for you."
- "A package courier found shot in the head near Goodsprings has reportedly regained consciousness and made a full recovery. Now that's a delivery service you can count on." (Triggered by the start of game)
- "Unconfirmed reports say NCR's General Lee Oliver may have uprooted from his post at Camp McCarran in order to be present at Hoover Dam. NCR sources say that holding the Dam against Caesar's Legion has become their main strategic priority, and this move would not be unexpected."
- "NCR Correctional Facility is now under prisoner control following a successful riot. Locals should avoid anyone who looks like they've done time."
- "NCR officials at Camp McCarran were relieved when technical difficulties with its monorail line to the New Vegas Strip proved easy to fix. One anonymous official told us a serious mechanical failure would be a disaster because of the age of the train and scarcity of replacement parts." (Before completion of quest I Put a Spell on You)
- "There's word from Camp McCarran that an attempt to bomb its monorail system was foiled by an alert civilian contractor. Security is being tightened." (Complete I Put a Spell on You by defusing the monorail bomb)
- "Eyewitnesses outside Camp McCarran are reporting a large explosion near its monorail station. The NCR is denying the incident." (Complete I Put a Spell on You by sabotaging the monorail)
- "Citizens of Outer Vegas are flocking to the Strip in droves amid a wave of terror caused by a band of raiders known as the Fiends. Those who can afford passports are saying the added security is well worth the price of admission." (Before completion of the quest Three-Card Bounty)
- "The HELIOS One solar power plant remains dormant despite NCR efforts to reactivate the facility. The chief scientist at the plant vowed to fix the problem, blaming it on an atmosphere of, quote, severe underappreciation." (Before completion of the quest That Lucky Old Sun)
- "The influx of displaced residents to the refugee camp at Bitter Springs has caused a strain on rations there. NCR officials are asking for donations." (Before completion of the quest No, Not Much)
- "The death toll continues to climb around Camp Forlorn Hope, where Legion raiding parties are still chipping away at the NCR's hold south of the Dam." (Before completion of the quest Restoring Hope)
- "The NCR flag has been hoisted over former Legion outpost Nelson after heavy fighting. NCR officials are calling this a big win for troop morale." (After completion of the quest Restoring Hope)
- "Caesar's Legion continues to fortify its position in Nelson, where it remains a constant concern for Camp Forlorn Hope and the nearby town of Novac." (Before completion of the quest Restoring Hope)
- "A Legion slaver party was wiped out in a failed raid of the Bitter Springs refugee camp, with two armed civilians inflicting heavy Legion casualties. One witness said, quote, God sent us two angels. And at least one had him a .308 caliber flaming sword of justice with a telescopic sight." (After completion of the quest I Forgot to Remember to Forget)
- "A big congratulations to a young band of soldiers who shattered NCR records on a combat readiness evaluation at Camp Golf. Go get 'em, guys!" (Complete the quest Flags of Our Foul-Ups by following Mags or O'Hanrahan's advice)
- "A grateful widow told Radio New Vegas today of one person's heroic efforts to recover her husband's body from a war zone. It was such an incredible thing he/she did, putting his/her life on the line like that for my husband. It's not something most people would do. Esteban's going home now. I can't tell you what that means to me." (After completing the quest Proper Burial)
- "NCR Rangers are being pulled off the front lines as part of a campaign to "secure existing NCR territory," according to anonymous sources." (After completion of the quest Return to Sender)
- "A hostage crisis between the NCR and Great Khans was resolved peacefully when a third-party negotiator successfully secured the hostages' release." (Complete Boulder City Showdown by convincing Jessup to release the hostages peacefully)
- "During his visit to Hoover Dam, an attempt on the life of NCR President Aaron Kimball was thwarted by a quick-thinking civilian. Caesar's Legion is believed to have been behind the attack." (After completion of the quest You'll Know It When It Happens)
- "The president of the NCR has been killed at Hoover Dam. President Kimball was slated to give a rallying speech to troops stationed there. An assassin attacked the president in full view of the crowd, but was not apprehended. Witness descriptions of the killer differ wildly. Once again, NCR President Aaron Kimball, dead at 48." (After completing the quest Arizona Killer)
- "Residents report briefly seeing a column of heavenly light coming out of the sky. Apocalypse predictors haven't been this excited since the War." (After completion of the quest That Lucky Old Sun)
- "Residents of Novac were treated to a surprise light show when HELIOS One unexpectedly began firing lasers. No word yet on the damage." (Complete the quest That Lucky Old Sun by activating the Archimedes II defense system)
- "Word out of Camp Golf is that many NCR Rangers can expect redeployment in the near future. One anonymous soldier said it was part of a new strategy."
- "Merchants are saying there's been little contact with traders from Nipton in recent days, causing concerns that the isolated town may be in trouble." (Before completion of the quest Keep Your Eyes on the Prize)
- "We're hearing rumors that Caesar may have been assassinated by an unknown party. It is currently unknown how the assassin was able to evade security. Once again, Caesar, dead. A shocking turn of events whose impact is anyone's guess at this point." (After assassinating Caesar at The Fort)
- "Refugees at Bitter Springs are giving startling accounts of the legate known as Lanius who is said to be Caesar's top field commander. One refugee told us the legate took over an underperforming squad of troops by beating its commander to death in full view of everyone. The legate then ordered a tenth of his own force be killed by the other nine tenths. And you thought your boss was a pain."
- "Traders from California are being turned away at Mojave Outpost, where the NCR is concerned about dangers along Nipton Highway and I-15."
- "Tops Hotel owner Benny has been killed by an unidentified assailant. His former right-hand man, Swank, consoled mourners. If I know my pal Benny, he's swinging with the Big Cat Upstairs as we speak. Or he's chasing some angel broad with cans as big as her halo! <Laughs>" (Complete the quest Ring-a-Ding-Ding! by killing Benny)
- "Patrons of the Ultra-Luxe are questioning whether its pricey restaurant, the Gourmand, is overstating the fullness of its wait-list. Those who claim to have dined at the restaurant find the food appealing but say many tables remain empty." (Before completion of the quest Beyond the Beef)
- "Beef prices around the New Vegas Strip have dropped significantly following an agreement between the Ultra-Luxe and Brahmin baron Heck Gunderson." (Complete the quest Beyond the Beef by framing Mortimer or all members of the White Glove Society)
- "Wealthy Brahmin baron Heck Gunderson was arrested in the Ultra-Luxe Hotel as a suspect in his son's murder. A hotel spokeswoman had this to say. Mr. Gunderson is no longer a welcome guest at the Ultra-Luxe. Nor is he allowed to sample the world-class cuisine of the Gourmand, New Vegas' only 5-star restaurant." (Complete the quest Beyond the Beef by framing Heck Gunderson)
- "Gomorrah is under new management after the sudden departure of Omerta bosses Nero and Big Sal. The Casino's new manager spoke to reporters. Before he left, Nero told me him and Big Sal were real tired, see? Said they were gonna go camping up at Lake Mead. Said he'd always wanted to sleep with the Lakelurks." (Complete the quest How Little We Know in favor of Cachino)
- "Tensions are brewing in Freeside between the ruling gang known as the Kings and the large number of NCR squatters seeking refuge there. The leader of the Kings, who would only identify himself as "The King" voiced his displeasure, calling NCR citizens, quote, the devil in disguise. He added he didn't want to see the NCR in the ghetto, and called for a mass, quote, return to sender." (Before completion of the quest G.I. Blues)
- "The Kings gang in Freeside has put an official end to hostilities with the NCR. An RNV reporter was on-hand to speak with The King. I feel so bad. I think it's time we reconsider, baby." (Complete the quest Kings' Gambit by convincing The King to end the hostilities with the NCR)
- "The Kings have been killed in a fight with NCR forces after weeks of mounting hostility. Witnesses report The King's last word was simply "Don't."" (Complete the quest Kings' Gambit by just killing Pacer.)
- "According to a new report, violent crime is on a sharp decline in New Vegas. The report credits the decline of the population of Fiends in the area. In possibly related news, local chem dealers report an overall decrease in their standard of living." (After the completion of the quest Three-Card Bounty and killing Motor-Runner)
- "Rumors continue to swell that Mr. House, the father of New Vegas, has passed away. Who will fill the power vacuum on the Strip remains uncertain." (after Robert House is killed)
- "A large unidentified aircraft has been seen circling the skies above the New Vegas Strip. Freesiders are hoping they'll drop food. I wouldn't get your hopes up, Freesiders." (After completion of the quest For Auld Lang Syne)
- "Troubling news from Primm as merchants report a large presence of armed, unsavory figures patrolling the town. Residents are nowhere to be found." (Before completion of the quest My Kind of Town)
- "Primm formally swore in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. Howdy do, folks. I'm Sheriff Meyers. Be good, or I'll shoot you dead." (Complete the quest My Kind of Town by installing Meyers as sheriff)
- "Primm formally swore in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. Loading Public Appeasement Oration... complete. Howdy... citizens. How about a yee-haw for law and order in the fine town of ERROR: TOKEN NOT FOUND?" (Complete the quest My Kind of Town by installing Primm Slim as sheriff)
- "Primm formally swore in a new sheriff today. RNV reporters were on hand to hear the new sheriff address the crowd. People of Primm, the NCR wishes to inform you that you are under their jurisdiction now. And from now on, you're gonna be living by our rules." (Complete the quest My Kind of Town by making the NCR annex the town)
- "Goodsprings has fended off a mob of escaped convicts after organizing an impromptu militia, according to an old man armed to the teeth with dynamite." (After completion of the quest Ghost Town Gunfight)
- "Sad news from Goodsprings. The town was wiped out after heavy fighting with a gang of escaped convicts. Travelers are advised to keep their distance." (After completion of the quest Run Goodsprings Run)
- "Rumors persist about a Super Mutant refuge nestled high in a ski lodge to the Northwest. If you should find it, do not - repeat, do not - belittle a Super Mutant for taking the bunny slope."
- "The Black Mountain radio signal is back after a long absence. Listeners say the new programming is, quote, less for outcasts, more for weirdos." (Before completion of the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy)
- "Listeners have been unable to pick up radio broadcasts from Black Mountain recently. Most are calling the static, quote, a welcome improvement." (Complete the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy by freeing Raul and killing Tabitha or fixing Rhonda)
- "Several unidentified aircraft were spotted flying over the REPCONN test site by a local crackpot. He spoke to a toy bear near one of our microphones. It's ghouls, I tell ya. Religious ghouls in rockets looking for a land to call their own. Don't you laugh at me. I know a spell that'll make you show your true form. Cave rat taught it to me." (Complete the quest Come Fly With Me by helping Jason Bright fix the rockets)
- "Residents of Novac were running for cover following the failed launch of three rockets from the REPCONN Test Site. Possible causes suggested were engineering mistakes, centuries-old equipment, and the fact that the rockets were piloted by a cult of crazy ghouls." (Complete the quest Come Fly With Me by sabotaging the rockets)
- "Witnesses report a huge object or creature surfacing in Lake Mead. So far, photos of the so-called Lake Mead Monster are grainy and underexposed." (After completion of the quest Volare!)
- "That's all for now. This is Mr. New Vegas saying, I'm just no good without you."
- "You know I think all news, whether it's good or bad, brings us closer together. Don't you?"
- "That's all I have for you. This is Mr. New Vegas, wishing you ladylike luck tonight."
- "Boy, the Mojave Wasteland is just a fascinating place, isn't it? You never know what'll happen next."
- "We'll have more news for you at the top of the hour."
- "You know, they say no news is good news. But I think my program would be awfully dull if that were the case."
- "Those were our top stories."
- "And that's the news."
- "That's the news. This is Mr. New Vegas, filling in for Mr. New Vegas."
- "Those are our stories this hour. This is Mr. New Vegas signing off. Just kidding. I'm not going anywhere. My love for you is too strong."
- "Stay classy, New Vegas."
- "Mojave, mo problems, am I right?"
- "That news was brought to you by the Tops Casino. You'll dig us, baby! We're the Tops!"
- "The preceding segment was sponsored by the Silver Rush. Silver Rush. Feel the rush of a warm laser in your hand."
- "Today's headlines were brought to you by Primm. Primm. The other New Vegas."
- "This program was brought to you by Gomorrah. Gomorrah. It'll be our secret."
- "Promotional consideration for this news segment has been paid for by the Ultra-Luxe. The Ultra-Luxe. Live life in the lap of luxury."
- "The news has been brought to you by the Vikki and Vance Casino. Vikki and Vance. Be our partner in crime."
- "These headlines were brought to you by Vault 21. Vault 21. Everything's better when you experience it in a vault."
- "And now, I'd like to play one of my very favorite songs for you."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, this next song goes out from me to you."
- "More classics coming right up for you. So stay tuned."
- "Coming up, I've got some tunes I think you all are gonna like."
- "More music, just ahead."
- "I'd like to play something special for you right now. Because you deserve it."
- "You're gonna love this next song. I guarantee it."
- "More tracks. Coming your way. Right now."
- "Stick around. We've got some great songs coming up for you."
- "This next song is... just magical. I hope you enjoy."
- "This next song helped me through a very difficult time in my life. I hope one day it can do the same for you."
- "Got some songs coming up for you right now. At least one is probably about love."
- "Gonna play a song for you right now. It's about that special someone you only find once... in a Blue Moon."
- "Got some Dean Martin coming up, talking about the greatest feeling in the world, love. "Ain't That A Kick in the Head." Sure is, Dino. It sure is."
- "Here's Bing Crosby reminding us of those times when you absolutely have to kiss the person you love. "Something's Gotta Give," up next."
- "Hey New Vegas, have you ever said you loved someone when it wasn't quite true? Sure you have. But you shouldn't. Because It's a Sin to Tell a Lie."
- "And now Nat King Cole, reminding us what really matters with "Love Me As Though There Were No Tomorrow." Because in New Vegas, hey, you never know."
- "Got a song for you, now. It's about a guy who's cold on the exterior, but deep down, you know he's a good man. And his name... is Johnny Guitar."
- "In New Vegas, we know the pain that numbers can bring us. Well, so does Guy Mitchell, who's got "Heartaches by the Number.""
- "Have you ever been in love with a celebrity? You don't have to be shy, I feel it between us, too. Sometimes you can't help being Mad About the Boy."
- "You know, sometimes the journey beats the destination. Especially if your spurs go Jingle Jangle Jingle, and you meet some nice gals on the way."
- "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?"
- "Blue Moon"
- "Big Iron"
- "Heartaches by the Number"
- "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie"
- "Jingle, Jangle, Jingle"
- "Johnny Guitar"
- "Love Me as Though There Were No Tomorrow"
- "Mad About the Boy"
- "Sit and Dream"
- "Something's Gotta Give"
- "Where Have You Been All My Life?"
- "Why Don't You Do Right?"
- "American Swing"
- "Hallo Mister X"
- "Slow Bounce"
- "Strahlende Trompete"
- "Von Spanien Nach Südamerika"
- There are four songs that appear on all three of the main radio stations: "Big Iron", "Heartaches by the Number", "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie", and "Johnny Guitar".
- All of the instrumentals on this station were written by Gerhard Trede, whose tunes "Jolly Days" and "Fox Boogie" were also included on the Fallout 3 soundtrack.
- Radio New Vegas is mentioned in Old World Blues by Blind Diode Jefferson.
Behind the scenes
- The track "Stars of the Midnight Range" was intended to be included on this station, but an error linked the entry in the radio track list to the MP3 file for "Big Iron", which causes "Big Iron" to be played twice as often as other tracks, and occasionally play twice in a row.
- The credits erroneously indicate that the four songs written and performed by J.E. Sawyer especially for the game are intended to be played on the radio stations. There is evidence that they may have been intended to play on the radio, but were cut from the playlists. They can still be heard elsewhere in the game.