Image needed (Shots of the town. Maybe the cinder pile with the Minutemen hat as a marker?)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
- See also: Quincy Massacre
The hometown of John Adams, John Quincy Adams and John Hancock, this town became the headquarters of the Commonwealth Minutemen. However, the town was recently sieged by the Gunners after Clint, a fellow Minuteman, betrayed his own for a position of leadership in the Gunners. The abandoned town was repurposed as a Gunner fortress, with two distinct sections: The town itself and the fortifications on the highway.
The town entrance is accessed through a junk gate in the southeast, and hosts the abandoned Minutemen headquarters as well as a number of abandoned shops, including a liquor store and pharmacy each with a chemistry station, a weapons shop with a weapons workbench, and Fentons Food Stuffs.
Northwest of the town square is a church that used to be Sturges' workshop; the workshop contains a power armor station, cooking stove, a weapons workbench and Sturges' terminal. The church's rooftop allows access to the freeway stronghold. Mama Murphy's Diner is across the street from the church, and the balcony of the adjacent apartments has her stash of chems.
The rest of the town consists of ruined buildings, several of which have bridges leading to the rooftops of other buildings. The ultimate goal of traversing these ruins is to access the Gunner's camp on the Freeway to the north.
The camp rests in the northern part of the ruins, on the freeway overpass. The overlook can be accessed by crossing any of three bridges connecting to the roofs of the adjacent church, the radio tower, and a house. The stronghold hosts several living quarters among the derelict cars, and a collapsed road in the western part leads to the second tier. This tier holds a watchtower and small command station between two trailers. The command center has a terminal an steamer trunk.
- "The Moon: A Communist Doomsday Device?" issue of Guns and Bullets is on the second level of the freeway stronghold; it rests on a desk beside a terminal in the command station between two trailers.
- Good Intentions, a unique laser rifle, is carried by Clint.
- A fusion core is found in the church, in a wooden crate on the cabinet beside Sturges' terminal.
- Baker carries a Fat Man.
- Mini nuke: within the shack of the Gunners Freeway Stronghold.
- A Nuka Cola Quantum is on a metal shelf on the lower tier of the Gunners freeway stronghold.
- Mama Murphy's note: Quincy Apartments, on the end table in the former apartment of Mama Murphy.
The Quincy ruins appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.387-389: "[6.24] QUINCY RUINS
Due to some controversial zoning, the freeway was run right over the main street, near the buildings of this once-picturesque and historical settlement. John Adams, John Quincy Adams, and John Hancock were all born here. Currently, Gunners have taken over the Quincy ruins and a section of freeway that runs through the town. This was once a Minutemen stronghold until the arrival of the Gunners and a defection of one of the Minutemen’s own."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)