Fallout: New Vegas locations project
|For an overview of prospector uses throughout the Fallout series of games, see prospector.|
The Saloon dates back centuries, all the way to 1913, when it was founded by George Fayle to serve the people of Goodsprings. It is a historical landmark, with walls made from stamped tin by Sears and Roebuck, considered to be one of the last of its kind. The bar counter dates back even further, to the 1860s, when it was crafted by the Brunswick Company of Maine. It endured the years and became a popular stopover point between the Strip and California, even hosting such stars as Clark Gable.
After the Great War, as humanity slowly returned to an approximation of normal life, Goodsprings started to attract people again with its pure, rad-free water, becoming a stopover point for caravans. By 2281, Trudy takes care of the saloon and its inventory, running a small distillery out the back. The historic saloon sign had to be fixed up with an arrangement of scavenged neon letters to keep it visible - also making it a useful landmark for navigation at night.
The saloon is divided into three sections. The main room contains the historical counter, with Trudy's office in the adjacent room, also containing an easy safe and very easy terminal. The opposite chamber houses the tables, pool table, and the jukebox. The jukebox is the only source of music, as the radio recently broke down (the player can offer to repair it).
The last part of the saloon is the restrooms and storage. The gentlemen's room is ruined and used as a broom closet, with only the ladies' room available for use. The actual broom closet has been converted into a distillery, where Trudy processes maize into moonshine. It's only accessible from the outside, behind a locked door.
- Trudy, the owner.
- Sunny Smiles and Cheyenne, the local trapper and survivalist.
- Ringo (after completing Ghost Town Gunfight): Stays until the player enters the Crimson Caravan Company
- All items are owned, but can be stolen by blocking the settler's view with the trash can, sneaking, or completing Run Goodsprings Run
- Fixin' Things
- Meeting People
- Salesman Weekly
- Several Sunset Sarsaparilla's in Trudy`s office.
- A .357 Magnum revolver can be found in a drinking glass behind the counter.
Behind the scenes
- The real world equivalent is called the Pioneer Saloon, a building located in Goodsprings, located 40 miles (64 km) southwest of Las Vegas in Clark County, Nevada. Several aspects of the building are present in the real world location, such as the shape of the building, interior bar and mirror, ceiling design, and porch entryway. The geographical location within the town is accurate as well.
Prospector Saloon only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.