Fallout 3 locations project
People's Bank of Point Lookout
A subsidiary of Isla Negra Holdings, the bank served the people of Point Lookout Maryland before the War. Enhanced with cutting edge security, including voice locks for the deposit boxes, the bank was woefully unprepared for old time robbery. On October 23, 2077, a pair of crooks entered the Bank, shot everyone inside, then made off with all the money they could, hiding in plain sight at the Homestead Motel, in room 1G. Apparently, they had a disagreement and the money from the robbery lay undivided as they shot each other. Not that it mattered, given that the Great War soon wiped out civilization.
At the corner with a sign above the door, near the Homestead Motel.
This is one of many abandoned places to be infested with radroaches, which can be easily dealt with. On the wall to the left of the entrance is one of many wanted posters in Point Lookout for a woman named Wan Yang, a Chinese secret agent involved in espionage missions in America. There are two safes in the main hall, one hard and one average, on the wall behind the desk.
A debris-filled staircase leads to a second floor, even though from the outside the bank is shown to have only one floor.
- All the way on the right, there is a box containing .44 rounds, Mentats and a scoped .44 magnum.
- To access the safe deposit boxes, you need to find the corresponding Holodisks and play them inside the room with the boxes. The holodisks are:
- Box 1191 - Password Backup, found in a desk in the main room. This safe contains Buffout and pre-War money.
- Box 1207 - Spy's Audio Password, found in a locker on the Boardwalk of Pilgrim's Landing. This is part of the quest The Velvet Curtain; the safe contains the Espionage Debriefing as well as some pre-War money.
- Box 1213 - Bern's Voice, found in the Grower's Shack. This safe contains 4 pre-War money, sexy sleepwear and a police hat.
- As you enter, the first skeleton you find has a police hat, some .32 caliber rounds and a police baton next to it. He was (presumably) the banks' security guard.
Behind the scenes
- A terminal declares the bank to be a subsidiary of Isla Negra Holdings. In English "isla negra" means "black isle", making the name a reference to Black Isle Studios, creator of the first two Fallout games.
- In the far bottom left box there is a "toilet gnome". It is a mini intact garden gnome holding a mini plunger in its left hand standing next to a mini toilet.
- A password for one of the safety deposit boxes is "Nevermore", a reference to the Edgar Alan Poe poem "The Raven". Though the password is correct, the security system does not recognize the player's voice and the correct tape to open the box is found in the loan officers desk.