The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Orris is a bodyguard in Freeside that can only become available during the quest G.I. Blues.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- G.I. Blues: The King asks the Courier to find out why Orris is getting more money and attention than the other bodyguards.
- It costs 200 caps to "hire" Orris, The King pays you exactly this, leaving no monetary profit from this part of the quest, unless you get the caps from Orris himself.
- With an Intelligence of 6 you can accuse Orris of staging the whole incident with the thugs (noting that 4 thugs were "killed" by Orris when he only fired 3 shots), which will branch off into a dialogue option where, if you have a Barter of 50, you can convince him to give you all the caps he has on him (348 caps) or threatening to go to the Kings otherwise (which the player ends up doing anyway to continue the quest). This leaves a profit of 148 caps to the player, or a straight profit of 348 if the King gave you money for the quest first.
Drops on death
- Killing Orris after talking to him about not killing the thugs will not affect the outcome of the quest.
- If you run straight without taking the detour to the left Orris will follow and remark after you get past the 'thugs', that they were harmless and his senses rarely fail him.
- Strangely, Orris in his heavy metal armor will always run faster through the detour than a light-armored character with Travel Light.
- Attacking any of the thugs pretending to be dead will turn Orris and the thugs hostile (revealing the obvious fact that the thugs were payed by Orris to act hostile). If the player runs and makes Orris follow, the securitrons can attack and kill Orris.
- Rarely, a Securitron spawns in the alley where Orris "kills" the 4 thugs, this makes killing Orris easier as the Securitron will aid you.
- "Er, noticed that, did you? I keenly aimed one of the shots through some soft tissue of one of them to hit the man behind him."
Orris appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- If you try to kill Orris after he tells you his services are now over, and begins to run back to the north gate, he will bug, and will continue to run backwards while trying to shoot you until he reaches the door to Freeside, where he then disappears.