Obtain flint to have Mynoc sharpen your spear.
In Arroyo, the bridge leading to the world map is guarded by Mynoc. If your PE is 6 or higher, you can ask him about his sharpened spear. This will not work if you have the Sex Appeal perk. He will tell you that if you can find a piece of flint, he will sharpen your spear as well. He suggests that you ask aunt Morlis for a piece.
Aunt Morlis is definitely not fond of you, so you'll have to work her to get what you need. There are several ways to do this:
- Trade her 3 healing powders for it
- Ask her nicely (Requires 51% Speech skill, you also receive 50 experience points for doing so). Note that even if you have high enough Speech skill, she may refuse to give you the flint and will demand healing powders for it.
- Steal it (-1 Karma, If you get caught twice, she'll give it to you)
- Talk to her and press the barter button. You can trade items for her flint, then finish the dialog saying you will find her healing powders. This way is cheaper than giving her 3 healing powders.
- If all else fails, you can also obtain a flint in a not-so-intended way: when you get to the point of giving her the powders, go into the barter window and drop all powders. Go back and say that you give her the powders and you'll receive the flint for free.
Head back to Mynoc and he'll give you a sharpened spear, using up a spear in your inventory. If you have no spears in your inventory, achievable by dropping them all before conversation, then he will give you one of his spears, sharpened.
- 50 experience points (If you got the flint via dialogue)
- 1 Sharpened spear
- It is possible to sharpen two spears if you have the materials. Steal one, and trade 3 healing powders for a second (you must trade the powders, as the first piece has been stolen it will not be available for barter). You'll get two pieces of flint and asking Mynoc again will produce another sharpened spear.
- Be aware that using healing powders temporarily decreases your Perception by one. Players should speak to Mynoc about sharpening their spear before entering the hunting grounds.