Northwood Ridge quarry
This trapper encampment is built into the remains of a marble quarry. The trappers camp on the cliff, hunt the mirelurks in the pit, as well as any other nearby prey... including people. Because of the former they set up a series of explosives should the mirelurks gather enough strength to attack them from within their camp. Everything worked out perfectly, well everything except for Tom accidentally blowing himself up.
The main camp consists of a shack and a few lookout points up on the cliffs. The shack contains several beds, a chemistry station, a cooking station out on the porch, and a button that sets off the explosive charges distributed down below. Down on the northeast side of the quarry is a door guarded by an automated turret that leads into a flooded and quarried cave teeming with dead mirelurks.
To the southwest, there is another small shack with a bed, as well as a building with a chained door; going around the building inside the fencing brings one to an unlocked door trapped with a grenade bouquet. Inside is a generator and a weapons workbench.
Down a gentle slope, past some radioactive barrels (which peak at 31 rads per second) and traps, is another trapper camp. In the front is a cooking station and slaughter area, but up the stairs into the main shacks, there is an armor workbench, weapons workbench, and steamer trunk.
- The "Pincer Dodge" edition of Islander's Almanac is found on the end table beside the steamer trunk in the interior camp.
- There is a fusion core in the fusion generator in the building southwest of the main shack.
- Northwood Quarry Note - 1 is on a desk in the building southwest of the main shack.
- Northwood Quarry Note - 2 is on a metal end-table in the shack overlooking the quarry.
- There is a mini nuke on a metal end-table in the shack overlooking the quarry.
- Activating the explosives in the water will awaken a mirelurk queen.