Fallout: New Vegas locations project
New Vegas Steel
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the desk downstairs (next to a broken computer terminal).
- There are four skill magazines; one on a desk and three in the two bins beside the desk with the intact terminal.
- Forty .357 magnum rounds on the stairs.
- Twenty-four .308 caliber rounds on the second story walkway.
- Two ammunition boxes in the corner upstairs. One contains ammunition and potentially a Stealth Boy while the other contains flamer fuel.
- One first aid box in the upstairs room to the left just after entering.
- 400 flamer fuel between the robots and ammunition boxes upstairs.
- The glowing steel is extremely hot and can harm the player if touched. Jumping into the slag bucket is an instant kill regardless of the player's current Damage Threshold.
- A Fiend may be found in the building alive, but with low health.
- The Mr. Steels found inside respawn every three days.
- The robots don't work and the steel never cools down.
- Killing the Crazed Mr. Handy robots does not count towards the Man-Machine Interface challenge. Killing the Mr. Steel robots does since these are based off the Mr. Gutsy type.
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The "Lucky 38 Executive Override" option on the terminal on the second level was originally supposed to be part of The Moon Comes Over the Tower, but that section of the quest was apparently cut. See that quest's notes section for details.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
New Vegas Steel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Whenever you fast-travel or exit this location, the game heavily lags. Going inside the building and exiting through different doors does not appear to fix this, nor will walking away from the location. The only way is to either reload a previous save or fast-travel when enemies aren't present.
- New Vegas Steel terminals; Terminal
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.318-319: "[2.26] New Vegas Steel
Deep in Fiend Territory along the southwestern side of New Vegas, this steel plant still operates with its robot staff. Note the nearby access to South Vegas Ruins [Zone 2E]."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)