New Appalachian Central Trainyard
New Appalachian Central Trainyard is a location in Fallout 76.
Located in the lower mountains of the Savage Divide in Appalachia, the New Appalachian Central Trainyard was a hub for passing freight and passenger trains heading up or down the mountain. Situated alongside Route 63 - a major highway for semi-trailer truck hauling freight, its prime location allowed for easy loading and unloading of freight, if needed. The location had a minor ticket office, bank, an office for yard operations, and a Post Office. At the south of the location was a maintenance warehouse where engines and cars could be moved in for repair work. At the north end was a watchtower for switch operators.
In the months leading up to the Great War, a heist was planned, in which a group of individuals were planning to rob a vault car after it finished loading up with all of the money from the bank. The group initially only had an inside switch operator to rig the switches to work in their favor, but eventually, they were able to bribe one of the guards riding with the vault car to "lay low" so one of the thieves could take his place. Events transpired and the heist went horribly wrong, resulting in a yard full of toppled and damaged cars, spilled and damaged cargo, damage to the main building, in addition to loss of life - namely employees at the bank. Work began to clean up the mess while federal authorities investigated, but their work was ultimately derailed by the war.
Points of interest
The only main points of interest at this location are the couple workbenches and the potential power armor that may spawn in the military cargo car.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Employee Notice: The note can be found on the desk inside the second floor office of the ruined bank building.
- Potential bobblehead
- On the wooden desk with the typewriter, eastern side (with windows), inside the dull red-wallpapered interior, in the upstairs part of the half-demolished bank building.
- Potential magazines
- On the small metal desk with the ham radio, in the signal tower by the red water tower, east of the main trainyard warehouse.
- On the table, inside the bank vault.
- On the table by the Switch-Operator's Terminal, in the signal tower north of the trainyard and bank buildings.
- Potential power armor
- Just outside the ramp leading to the military cargo car in the main building.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
New Appalachian Central Trainyard appears in Fallout 76.