Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Nellis array is just east of the Nellis hangars within the Nellis Air Force Base. On top of the Nellis array are several broken solar panels, in which one will need a Repair skill of 65 or higher, or some scavenged parts from HELIOS One which require a Repair skill of 20 to scavenge, in order to repair these solar panels. No reputation with the Boomers is gained directly for fixing the solar panels; however, completing the quest Sunshine Boogie will earn reputation with that faction.
There is a computer terminal by the gate, and until the nearby generators are powered back on, it displays the error message
"ERROR #P38C4K" "Generator power source unavailable" It checks array efficiency when the array is operational again (120% at best.)
Inside the main entrance is a small room with a doorway straight ahead, and another door to the left. The forward door leads to an enclosed gangway that goes over the main generator room below. To the left is another room that has a door going to the right, which leads to an exposed gangway with stairs that lead down to the lower level. The lower level is sectioned into two areas, which leads to a smaller area with with electrical transformers and generators. The larger room contains more electrical equipment, an exit, shelving with ammunition containers, artillery shells, and an infestation seen in the form of ant mounds. The exit leads to another exit to the outside, by way of a short tunnel.
There are several generators in the lower level of the array building. These generators are off by default, and are used in the quest Ant Misbehavin'.
- A marksman carbine in the entrance area on the floor next to the dead boomer.
- An assault carbine next to another dead Boomer, in the room after the first dead boomer.
- Two mini nukes, located on and around shelves on the north end of the room near the door to the tunnel.
- At the bottom floor between two broken generators in the south eastern corner is a skeleton with Thump-Thump, a unique grenade rifle, along with ammunition.
- It is interesting to note that the parts to repair the solar array have been scavenged from solar reflectors; i.e. mirrors, while the Nellis array consists of solar panels, i.e. photovoltaic cells. The two use an entirely different technology to harvest solar energy.
- Once the quest Volare! is completed, there is no legitimate way to access the interior of the array again without a key (the key does not exist in the vanilla game).
The Nellis array appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
"ERROR #P38C4K" "Generator power source unavailable" is a play on the PEBCAK error code.