National Radio Research Center
National Radio Research Center is a location in Fallout 76.
Part of the deep space radio research complex that included the National Isolated Radio Array, the research center was the nerve center of the whole operation, tasked with investigating deep space signals. Barring the mishaps caused by the frequency cancellation operations of the NIRA, the entire initiative had a successful run... Until September 2077. The test carried out in the afternoon of September 3, 2077, has produced a clean signal and yielded a ton of data.
Problem is, the research team got more than it bargained for. All the deep space data was designated top secret and designated a national security concern, with all NRRC personel ordered to remain silent and not discuss anything related to the project. Anyone who talked, like Chris Murphey and Jonathan Wajowski, was identified within the hour by the crack secret police and retired. The sudden disappearance of six people, supposedly retiring, surprised the research team, especially given the fact that nobody retired from the project for the previous seven years.
What did the scientists find that spooked them so much? Aliens. Angry, vicious aliens. When the Great War came, the research team received EMERGENCY ORDER A19 and destroyed all the evidence gathered at the site - but not enough to prevent Vault 76 dwellers from figuring out what happened.
Points of interest
- Located a short distance east of the NIRA, the research center is largely abandoned, although there are places that are worthy of investigating. The main building has a single, open-plan office in the main building, with two additional floors surrounding the main chamber. There is also a basement level, accessible through the stairwell at the western end of the ground floor, past the financial records and lounge.
- The ground floor contains the aforementioned offices, along with plenty of office materials (typewriters and the like), with a locked accountant's office on the south wall, containing a locked safe. The western part of the floor contains the kitchen and break room, with the financial records and lounge down the corridor.
- The basement contains a bobblehead and magazine spawn point near the armor workbench in the store room by the fusion generator. The other room is a general purpose storage.
- The first floor, accessible up the stairwell in the northeastern corner, contains the executive office, conference room, and data review office with an accessible terminal.
- The second floor, apart from the exit to the roof (where the player uplinks MODUS to the Kovac-Muldoon during One of Us) is the maintenance office with another safe and bobblehead (at the western stairwell), the meeting and comms room (with another magazine) and the filing room with a safe.
- Notes and Holotapes
- EMERGENCY ORDER A19: Multiple copies of the note are scattered across the area.
- Something's Up: The holotape is on the desk of third floor office, by the window.
- Potential bobbleheads
- Bobbleheads (2): Basement, near the armor workbench, and maintenance office by the western stairwell, top floor.
- Potential magazines
- Magazines (2): Same as above and in the comms room.
- Potential Fusion Core
- A fusion may spawn inside nuclear generator in the basement.
- Recipes and Plans
- Plan on cabinet in basement maintenance closet.
- Other Loot
- Research Center Keys: The keys are on the desk of third floor office, by the window.
- Dynamic spawns
- Junk: Coffee cup, pencil, typewriter, wonderglue, alarm clock, cork scrap, souvenir coffee cup, chalk, clean coffee cup, pre-War money, clipboard
National Radio Research Center appears in Fallout 76.