The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
What is this, a date? You start making a move, and it's stabbing time.”
Nadine is a Wastelander who bartered passage to Point Lookout with Tobar and hasn’t yet returned. Nadine is a bit of a tomboy and a restless adventurer who wanted to explore beyond the Capital Wastelands, running away from home to stow away on the Duchess Gambit and see the world. She plans to return to Capital Wasteland once she’s found her fortune to bring back and share with her mother, Catherine, but she’s not in a hurry to return quite yet. She ended up joining the Point Lookout tribals instead.
She is the daughter of Catherine.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Walking with Spirits: She will remove your scar after the aforementioned quest is completed.
- Hearing Voices: She gives you information of where the tribals' leader, Jackson is hiding out.
- Tailing the Tomboy: She is the 'tomboy' her mother asked you to find and return home.
Effects of player actions
After she leaves the church, she can be seen on the Duchess Gambit, having exacted revenge on Tobar and claimed the ship as her own, and will take the Lone Wanderer back and forth from Point Lookout to the Capital Wasteland for free.
Merc charmer outfit*
37 bottle caps
Drops on death
* Upon becoming captain of the Duchess Gambit, she will change clothes.
- "Looks like another newbie in the tribe! And still able to string together whole sentences - ain't you the lucky one!"
- "Hey, just in time! Found out who went rooting around in our skulls, and you'll never guess who it was! As a totally unrelated hint, I'm in charge of his boat, now!"
- "Guess we never got a formal introduction, huh? Name's Nadine! I know you're not from around here, so what brought you out here? You looking for your fortune or running from your troubles?"
- She is visually distinct due to her hair dyed a vibrant orange.
- A minor Easter egg relating to Nadine is when she says, "There are still some bits of my memory, where all I can recall is a white light, and a jumble of voices. Crazy, huh?" This is a reference to the beginning of the game, when as you skip ahead one, nine and six years all you see is a white light and a jumble of voices. Her mother is also named Catherine, however, she doesn't die.
- Sometimes, after finding Nadine for the first time at the Duchess Gambit (after speaking with her at the cathedral), her face may not change, looking almost as if she is wearing a mask. When in this state, she doesn't appear to blink.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.87: "Nadine
Nadine is a Wastelander who bartered passage to Point Lookout with Tobar and hasn't yet returned. Her mother makes a tearful plea for you to find her. Nadine is a bit of a tomboy and a restless adventurer who wanted to explore beyond the Capital Wastelands, running away from home to stow away on the Duchess Gambit and see the world. She plans to return to Capital Wasteland once she's found her fortune to bring back and share with her mother, Catherine, but she's not in a hurry to return quite yet."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)