Fallout 3 locations project
Mole rat race track
A group of raiders holding mole rat races
The mole rat race track is an unmarked location in the Capital Wasteland, on an abandoned highway slightly west-southwest of Grayditch. A small group of raiders can be seen holding mole rat races on the highway.
There are two tracks that are comprised of short, barbed wire fences going slightly downhill on the highway. This track is just right next to the highway dividers. Also, there is a cage for the mole rats next to the race track.
- There will be a couple of mole rats and four or five raiders all carrying random standard weapons.
- One raider will always have a pistol, to start the race.
There are two first aid boxes and one ammunition box on a spare cage on the side of the track.
- When approaching this location to witness it, be careful to not to be seen, as the raiders (and mole rats) are hostile and will attack if you are spotted.
- If intentionally looking for this, be sure to leave any followers at a place where they will be safe, as they may attack the raiders.
- A pistol shot will always start the race. After the race finishes, the mole rats then meander back to their cages to begin the process again.
The mole rat race track appears only in Fallout 3.